Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fatal Mistake

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spark Mandrill, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Spark Mandrill

Spark Mandrill

Jan 1, 2004
    Hi,
    Yesterday I went to the studio and discovered that someone had conected my 110V SVT-3PRO to 220V.
    I saw the Fuse, and it is blowed. :bawl:
    My question is:

Do you think that another part of the amp could have been blown by this mistake , or do you think that the fuse saved me?? :crying:

Thanks

2. Superfly7044

Superfly7044

Jun 19, 2004
    Well, I would make an educared guess that the fuse saved you. I venture to guess that the fuse has an amperage rating and a voltage rating. The voltage rating probably somewhere around 150v...So any load and it should have blown immediately...Should being the key word.

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The fuse probably saved you.

I had this happen once on a gig, we were playing a private party outdoors and were told where to plug in. Some idiot had hooked up some 220V to a regular 110V outlet in an outdoor shed and we blew the fuses in every piece of gear as soon as we turned them on. None of it was damaged.

Always carry a few spare fuses with you.

4. rkatapt

rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Strange that they were even able to plug it in a 220 volt. Every 220 volt that I have seen is a totaly different type of plug.

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I plug my amp into 240v all the time :)

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm with the rest of these optimists. But beware Murphy's Law.