Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorites....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rocinante_x1, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    What is your Favorite Songs to play, and Favorite bands/artists to play? I learn by ear only. I hate playing using tabs.... I taught myself on tabs, but fogured out that Ear is the way to go... Im 15 as of July 5th, and It will be 2 years in december.
    I think im pretty good for being a beginner.

Mine are as follows::: (bands)

RUSH, Zeppelin,Nirvana,Coheed and Cambria, Sabbath, SRV, Alkaline Trio, Blink 182, taking back Sunday, Funeral For A Friend.... MANY MORE

Songs:::
    What Youre Doing, 2112, By-tor and the Snow Dog, The Ocean, Dazed and Confused, Bron-yr-aur stomp, Hoouses of the holy, In my time of dying, Any Nirvana Song (easy), Devil In jersey City, Everything Evil, Grandfathers Lollipop, Three Evils. and MANY MANY MANY MORE SONGS! im just too lazy to type them all.

2. Suprisingly we have similar taste, Rocinante.

I would suggest that you put yourself through the pain of learning at least some basic theory, that way it will make more sense to you and help you understand the structure of music. There are lots of informative things about theory on this site:

See: Technique
    See: General Instruction

With only a 'dummy's guide to music theory, you can start to write your own stuff and you will progress.

Have a shot!

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Anything by Eyehategod.

4. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Actually, i have been studying Theories and whatnot of that sort. I can write my own things as well. Thanks for the input though ^_^

5. Good stuff great tunes to study why not learn another style of music you may not like it at first but if you presist you'll find you'll better your'e musicianship
    ie: I grew up on motown funk reggae jazz now I'm into mettallica ACDC pantera RATM and many others and found out heaps about the style and riffs they tend to use mainly you'll find out the feel of the music is what matters here so you can play any note but sound like a motown playa or metal playa etc..
    But keep it up nothing better than picking up a tune by ear