1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fbass BN5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, May 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my extremely nice 2002 Fbass BN5 finished in Turquoise Ceruse. The bass has a swamp ash body and a maple neck with Macassar Ebony Fretboard. The bass is in very good condition. It has a some wear marks here and there and a bit of finish checking (not a lot and very hard to see in most light) as you would expect from a 16 year old nitro finished bass but it still looks gorgeous and the Ceruse finish is incredible. There are a couple minor indents and chips as well that I have tried to photo. The turquoise is very subtle and looks white in most lights. It comes with two Fbass installed ebony thumb rests (these are a custom option) that go between neck pickup and the fretboard and between the two pickups. These can be seen in the last photos. They are off in some of the photos as I didn't use them but they are easy to remove or reattach via two screws.

Weighs around 9.75 lbs (according to cheap bathroom scale)
    19mm string spacing
    34.5" scale
    Truss works perfectly

Selling for $2500 $2400 shipped in a gig bag in North America. I will ship elsewhere at the buyers expense.

No trades as I just purchased another bass and am recouping.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Updated to include trades.

3. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Man, I love that finish! GLWTS.

Wstrindade and RussT like this.
  4. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price drop bump

5. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Staying local.

bass08053 likes this.
  6. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    This is back on the market. I traded back for it for my MTD plus cash so it is available again.

7. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Nice bass! For everyone watching or remotely interested.....this bass is coated in nitrocellulose lacquer better known as NITRO. This finish allows the woods to breath! What did Leo Fender use on the 60's basses? This finish!
    Yes, the finish checks because the wood can expand at a different rate than the finish. George Furlanetto came up with crystal as an alternate in about 2005 as many people wanted that perfecting looking finish, much like Polyurethane. George will still do Nitro lacquer for new orders, but he is standard on crystal. IMHO, nitro is the way to go for almost any bass! But definitely for an F-Bass! Good luck with the sale Russ!

Wstrindade likes this.
  8. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Thanks for the great info Chris!

bassballs27 likes this.
  9. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    IMG_6751.JPG IMG_6752.JPG IMG_6753.JPG A few new photos that give an idea of what it looks like it different light. The enhanced grain is usually quite white looking. In direct light you can see the Turquoise more but it is pretty subtle.

elkkid2, bassballs27 and Wstrindade like this.
  10. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    You don't happen to have any on-hand audio samples of this one do you?

11. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto

I don’t sorry
    That said I have had 5 bn5’s and they are pretty consistent tonewise.
    I can work out a good deal for a Canadian buyer as well.

12. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    It's on my shortlist. Fbass and Dingwall are the two I'm on the fence with.

13. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Can’t go wrong either way

14. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    MY buddy who I bought this from has a sound clip that I can upload later. Panther if you want to pm me with your email I can send it now.

Panther likes this.
  15. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    Sent

16. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Here is a soundclip as promised. This is by Choad42 who used to own this bass.

Attached Files:

17. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Updated original post to state no trades. This is for sale only now. I just bought a new bass so now need to recoup.

18. Jabba the bass

Jabba the bass Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Really cool bass and great seller..

RussT likes this.
  19. Too bad i didnt see this ad or listen to that audio sample earlier. Great sounding bass.
    If your "no trade clause" changes, please let me know. I live an hour from you and may have something you woukd like/"need" lol

Cheers from Cambridge

20. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Sold Locally

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021