No longer available Fbass Studio 5 Ice Tea Burst (2015)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by scowboy, Jul 28, 2017.

1. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    Price:
    Strings:
    To keep this thread short and efficient; if you have any questions, comments or offers please “Start a Conversation” with me rather than posting it in the thread.

No trades, for sale only please-- Hard to find re-release of the Fbass Studio 5 in Ice Tea Burst. This bass was part of a limited run done of six instruments in 2015. If you are a smaller frame person like I am, the 34" scale and amazing Fbass body design feels very compact on your body. I'm picky about weight but not obsessed, the bass weighs in at 10.15 pounds but honestly it is so well balanced you would never know and feels like a bass of 9 pounds on your body.

This describes the difference between the Studio 5 and the BN5:
    The Fbass Studio 5 has 20 frets, and a slightly different body shape that accommodates the shorter neck with more upper horn connection to the neck and different horn shape, and a round bottom without the little horn that the BN5's have there. The Studio 5 was not at all meant to be P bass voiced but actually the opposite in that the 20 fret neck and slightly larger body mass made it closer to a Fender J spec. The result was a slightly fatter bottom end and lower mids. This proved pretty consistant over the course of the model builds until it was discontinued years ago. Fbass did a limited run of new ones in 2015 that replicated these quite well....

The specs:
    • 34" scale length
    • More wood mass at the neck pocket vs the BN series
    • Nitro lacquer finish
    • Period correct Seymour Duncan stacked-single coil/hum-cancelling pickups
    • 60s bridge pickup position
    • Solid Northern Ash body
    • East Indian Rosewood fingerboard
    • Resonant 1 pc quarter-sawn Canadian Maple neck
    • 45mm / 1.77" nut width with 19mm string spacing
    • 20 frets with both face and side dot inlays

The bass is in nearly new condition and includes the Fbass gig bag and all the original paperwork.

Asking $2750 shipped to the lower 48 states.

>>International shipping is ok at buyers expense. Please contact me in advance to discuss exact shipping costs.

Payment wise I am very happy (think almost prefer) to wait for a check or certified funds in lieu of paying PayPal fees but I will accept PayPal as well though.

fullsizeoutput_1da2.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1da4.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1da4.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1da0.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1d9e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1d9c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1d9a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1d98.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1d96.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1da6.jpeg IMG_0704.JPG

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    emjazz, robthebassplaye and J.Wolf like this.
  2. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Oh my...

robthebassplaye likes this.
  3. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    I will not start a conversation to say... Wow what a beauty...

robthebassplaye likes this.
  4. FCBASSMAN

FCBASSMAN Guest

Apr 25, 2011
    If you change your mind I've got a USA Spector NS-2 I'd trade. Thanks!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021