No longer available FBass VF5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ranat, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    Price:
    Strings:
    Decided to withdraw the sale at the moment!

Thought I would never let this baby go, but things need to take care. Fbass VF5 2012 Ash Maple refinished from a plain natural satin to satin blue burst. Plays and sounds great and looks so cool. All is perfect, original electronics setup. The best Jazz bass sound for me, play-ability is top notch in a very boutique feel, all is very balanced. This can really nail 70s tone and at the same time having its own sound of the natural sparkling Fbass vibe. Low B is killing and tight! Weight is around 10-11 lbs. For the closer look of the bass, just click it, it still works though it's written, 'unavailable'.

Asking 2500 with an SKB TSA hardcase included.

Here is how the bass sounds:

Specs:
    Nut Width :45mm (1 3/4")Width at Last Fret76mm (3")Fingerboard Radius9" - 14"Scale Length34"Number of Frets21String Spacing at Bridge19mm (3/4")Neck Wood1 piece flat-sawn MapleFingerboard WoodMaple or East Indian RosewoodBody WoodAshTunersChrome Gotoh tuners with 20:1 ratioBridgeHipshot Bent Plate SteelBridge Pickup Placement70'sPick GuardBlack/White/Black, White/Black/White, Tortoise Shell, Parchment (Off White), Mint Green PearloidKnobsChrome and/or Black Plastic

Our VF series captures the vibe and accurate tone reproduction of classic '60s and '70s basses, but features modern advantages including easy access to the higher frets, an onboard F Bass preamp, a solid low B string, a modern neck carve, and we offer nearly any option under the sun for true customization. The body shape is similar to that of Fender's Jazz bass so those Fender-exclusive-players will feel right at home. They hang and are carved similarly, however, the edges are rounded a touch more for comfort and the treble horn is curved outwards for those who prefer playing in the seated position.

The two separate volumes allow you to blend the two pickups in any amount of each, not limiting you to the fixed levels of a blend control. The passive tone control also functions whether in passive or active mode enabling it to modify a different set of frequencies than the ones affected by the active tone controls.

As with all of our other models, our VFs are handcrafted right here in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    drool

ranat likes this.
  3. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    If I was still playing I would jump on this right now. Owned three of these. Nice. The only bass you need.

ranat likes this.
  4. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    Yes a Swiss-army knife of bass, can cut all musical situations.

bass4worship likes this.
  5. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Just for sale or trading.

6. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    Both, depending on what you have

7. masoncole

masoncole Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Weight?

8. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    about 5 kg

9. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    PM'd

10. CactusmanDoug

CactusmanDoug Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Tucson, Arizona
    Is this bass sold?

11. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    I still have it, PM if you want

12. StevieM

StevieM

May 10, 2016
    Logan, WV
    Dammit, man. That's nice. Really nice.

13. FCBASSMAN

FCBASSMAN Guest

Apr 25, 2011
    Hi Is the F-Bass still available?

14. I bought it :D

ranat likes this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021