1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feedback on bass sound, new track

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jono_TPD, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Hello fellow bass players,

The new some from "these precious days" has been released and I play in this band, So I was wondering if you guys would take a moment and have a listen to it and give me some feedback on the song/bass sound for me, The more the better as I'm taking on-board all comments to achieve the best possible bass sound I can get for this style of music.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Bass and kick could use a bit more presence in the mix. A bit better balance with the guitars on the chorus section. They kinda drown out the vocals there.

3. thank you for your input !!!

4. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    ^^ I agree with DWBASS, a little presence on the bass and kick.....Good song!

5. this is awesome stuff !!! thank you so much, what do you think of the actual bass sound ??

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I think it sounds good. Maybe back off the treble a little. Just listened again. Yeah, gotta get that/those guitars more to the background. Sounds like they are competing with the lead vocals and they are way too out front on the chorus section.

7. I'm using pro steels at the moment, I think I'm going to try EB nickels another try, I'm all new to this 6 string active bass stuff, pro steels are mega bright

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I tried a set once. Very bright! And I'm a slapper and I felt they were just a tad too bright for my taste.

9. I've just got a set of rotosounds for my 6er, going to try them on it which I haven't tried yet I always used them on my passive basses