1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FeedBack Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sokmonke, Oct 6, 2006.

1. sokmonke

sokmonke

Jul 27, 2006
    Is there such a thing as a feedback pedal that generates noise and feedback. If so, can anyone name some of them?

Thanks.

2. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Look into 4ms and Death By Audio (pedal makers)

3. pompompom

pompompom

Dec 31, 2003
    Dod FX33 Buzz Box ...

4. If you crank a Big Muff, you really get a noise bomb.

5. make one--it will cost you about 15 bucks :)

also the dr. distorto by line6 has a feedback setting on it :)

I bent a distortion pedal to be a feedback loop once--thats pretty easy too :)

6. laboitenoire

laboitenoire

Jul 5, 2006
    If I ever need a feedback sound, I use a Symmetrix effects box that does crazy delays and reverbs. I'm tempted to try messing around with MIDI stuff to program it, as you can program it with MIDI to make it distort and the like. But yeah, it has a feedback setting, which can do anything from mild to non-stop feedback (so much that you can't hear the bass). However, the box isn't mine, and it belongs to my church. (Imagine having extreme feedback in the middle of a hymn :eyebrow: .)

7. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
  8. I used to have one of those, in fact I still might somewhere. Fun little box. Didn't really work all that great for bass mind you, except for higher notes.

9. sokmonke

sokmonke

Jul 27, 2006
    Thanks guys I like the 4ms and Death by audio pedals.

10. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Tonefactor Mobius.

11. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Effector 13 makes a series of wild feedback loop pedals with a optical sensor to manipulate the output.

One example is the Truly Beautiful Disaster. Which is also a fuzz pedal.
    [​IMG]

12. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    yeah, IIRC, effector 13 had a "feedback pedal" through which you ran a loop of the pedal(s) you wanted to feedback. sounded pretty cool

13. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    well i just took a quick look at the effector 13 website...looks like they don't offer the plain feedback pedal anymore. it's just incorporated into that truly beautiful disaster pedal

14. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    +1 on Effector 13

If it hasn't been mentioned, a company named Catalinbread makes a pedal called the Teaser stallion. Might be up your alley.

15. I have this! It is called the E-13 Feedback Loop Oscillator and there were only between 10-12 ever made! The feedback can be quite varied considering what pedal you put through the loop. Sometimes there is no real feedback at all- just chirps and other noises. However, I definitely can get some great feedback with certain pedals. I love it and shall never part with it. I am going to get buried with it upon death!) I am hoping that another special volume knob can be modded for it to control the volume of the feedback - not the just the overall volume of the pedal chain in gemeral (which is the volume knob function that it comes with).

16. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    oh man i'm jealous, i wish i could get my hands on one!

17. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    +1 (i been waiting for ages to say that)

my big muff is my cool "make it sound like a guitar" pedal, i use it for uber amounts of feedback works great and sounds really sweet.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021