1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Feeler Steve Harris and Duff Sig Basses

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by origami, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    Sale (not trade) Feeler for 2 Fender Signature basses (I hope this is the proper etiquette for this, not sure):

Number One. It is the moment many have waited for: I am one of the few and proud owners of a Fender Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) Precision Bass. Most on TB knows these basses are quite rare (supposedly 500 made for US sale), and quite collectable with prices on Ebay sometimes exceeding $1500, I am thinking that’s about a fair price for it if I was to sell this bass (shipping included).

A stock photo of the bass with original Seymour Duncan pick-ups:
    http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM01/Content/Fender/PR/Harris-P-Bass-large.jpg

-The Harris Sig. P-Bass is basically a 90s MIJ P-Bass in Lake Placid Blue (Basswood body, Maple neck) with a BadAss Bridge, Wine Red Mirror pickguard and a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickup, and an "Eddie logo!". I replaced the SD with an EMG P ($105 upgrade), but left the controls (V/T) passive, and IMO I thought this greatly improved the sound. I still have the original SD P-bass 1/4lb. pick-up and would include it. I also installed strap locks and put some blue DR strings on it to make it match.

Number Two. GnR and Velvet Revolver fans, here is your bass. I am thinking of selling my Fender Duff McKagan P-Bass. I upgraded the bass with EMG P/J set, but kept the controls (V/V/T) passive. I still have the stock Seymour Duncan Jazz stack, Fender P Pick-up and the TBX to include. I also have a personal yellow Duff/Velvet Revolver Dunlop pick to throw in as well.

-The Duff Sig. Bass is basically a MIM P-Bass (based upon 80s MIJ Fender Jazz specials) with a pearl white finish, blacked-out hardware, and no pick guard. The body is a P and the neck is a Jazz (best of both worlds IMO). It originally came with a SD Jazz stack, TBX tone control and stock Fender P Pick ups. These Duff basses sell for $800 new, and the EMGs are $175 upgrade. So $550 (shipping included) might be fair price if I was to sell.

Fender’s specs, etc: http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0146500323

I am considering putting these basses on the market (to the continental US only). Why? I am going through a divorce, and also thinning the herd, and I have my eye on other needed equipment that I will need cash for too. I am just a little hesitant to let them go, and might need convincing.

I might be interested in taking 20% off both basses ($1640 shipped) to sell both at once.
    Well, There is my feeler(s) add.

Attached Files:

2. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    (i can only add 2 pics per post) so bump to add pics. Headstock "Eddie logo", I put EMG P in mine. still have the SD 1/4lb PU if wanted.

Attached Files:

3. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    i can only add 2 at a time, so bump to add pics (original pick-ups, mine has EMG p/j set still have original PUs)

Attached Files:

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I will always GAS for a Harris sig, but they are ridiculously overpriced. :(

5. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    Yes, the prices on the 'Maiden Bass' went through the roof a few years ago. I couldn't believe it myself. I missed buying my bass the first time when Mars Music went out of business, and someone beat me to it, but I found the bass in new condition (same exact one -still had the Mars sticker on it- a few months later at GC), I guess someone tried to 'flip' it since they paid a blow out price at Mars' going out of business sale.

Anyhow, I just put out this 'feeler' add to gauge interest since a lot of people say they wish they had that paticular bass. I will probably sell these basses.

As stated, if I decided to sell, since the price on the Maiden bass is quite high, I may make a deal for both basses sold as one package (Maiden and Duff) at a discounted price or reasonable OBO. Kind of a buy one full market price, then get one almost free as an enticement.

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    The Steve Harris sig wasnt limited to 500 to the US market, but production was ceased since they were selling so damn well.

7. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    In my limited research I stumbled on various numbers, but some have said only 500 made for the American market, but I have heard as high as 1500.

...but Honestly, I don't know (only the guys at Fender probably would). and that's why I put the word "supposedly" in from of my figure of 500.

Regardless, no it didn't sell well in the stores, therefore production stopped; making it a rare bass, and since Maiden just frickin' rules... it became collectable and therefore more expensive than the average MIJ P-bass, thus commanding high prices on ebay.

8. iangeigerxxx

iangeigerxxx

May 9, 2008
    that duff bass is ridiculous...so jealous

9. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    interest seemed surprisingly tepid to my "feeler" add.

so sold the basses outside of TB.

took some of the money, and bough a electronic v-drum set (roland td-3) and musicman stingray (in autumn redburst -yum!).

thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.