1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feels weird man

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Please, do not mix Benadryl and Aleeve Cold and Sinus. Trying to anything except sit around and listen to loud music is unsucessful. The combination of psuedoephedrine and Diphenhydramine hydrochloride is sorta like the effects of THC, only less intense.

They really need to put better warning on those things. :meh:

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    You should stop taking drug advice from NJL. Just stick to aspirin tylenol advil and the green.

Benedryl is the gateway drug to giving up, snuggies, attention whoring and over inflated ego when catching the Qintar.

3. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Kids these days are doing stuff like this on purpose. Ever hear of a Robo Trip?

Most retarded thing ever.

4. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Pills are to get better.
    Alcohol is to get "better".

Rest is bad m'kay?

5. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Yeah, I made the mistake of doing the "same" thing one time when I was wicked sick. Took a dose of Nyquil and a couple Benadryl at the same time. WOW. Good luck accomplishing anything for a couple hours.

6. I can assure you this was a complete accident. benadryl is the only thing that kills my allergies. I also usually only take prior to going to sleep, so the drowsy effect goes away,

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :smug:

8. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    I used to pay good money to feel this way.

9. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Diphenhydramine HCL is an anti-histamine. So is Benadryl.

The two together enhances the overall effect.

Beware the tingly, itchy fingers, the hypersensitivity to touch, wooziness, and hangover in the morning.

Similarly, Taking Zyban (sp) to quit smoking, then hydrocodone for a broken clavicle, then playing the last couple levels in Metal Gear Solid 2 at about 3am after 48 hours of no sleep is tripper than the trippiest trip you ever tripped. Stay away. :)

10. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Ahh yes, Robocop. Never done it myself, but lots of my friends did it for a while.

11. yeah, I didn't like that movie either.

12. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Roba-Dose?

13. There was no Robo anything, -trip, -cop, -dose, -Daft Punk, or otherwise here.

Looks like I'll have to suffer allergies today. I have to drive 50 miles at 6 PM and don't want to zone out and cause a 40 car pile-up on I-95

14. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Haha I didn't know they called that a robotrip. I am a fan of NyQuil, always takes care of my cold. Well Thursday sets in an a cold has hit me, usually NyQuil takes two nights to work. Well the weekend is near and I don't want to shut myself off from women and booze so I decide I need to make a super cold medicine. I notice I have some Robitussin too so I mix them. I called the concoction a robotrip and yes it did work, pretty much rendered me unconscious immediately but it worked!

15. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    (shrugs) Technically a Robo-trip is the act of ingesting an entire bottle of robitussin in one sitting, but I've heard the term used in conjunction with something one of my students called "Triple C's" as well, apparently the pill version or something to that effect. Poor man's acid, the kids call it.

I swear, the strange lengths people will go to to get high these days...

16. Ever heard of Jenkem? or bananadine? 5th graders will do anything to get wasted. Even cheesing...:ninja:

17. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    But it's fon to due :atoz:

18. ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ
    I see what you did there.

19. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Yup, Coricidin. But it also contains chlorpheniramine maleate. You have to eat a handful of these and that amount chlorpheniramine is not good. Would be similar to eating half a box of Benadryl. That's why I never tried that when I was younger.

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    this thread is scary :(