1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FENDER 2013 Limited Edition '75 Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dStar, Apr 3, 2013.

1. dStar

dStar

Mar 1, 2012
  2. suddenlysane

suddenlysane Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Dammit, I just bought another P that will be here tomorrow. I'm not a fan of red but DAYUM......I really like this.

3. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Nice. Though with the P/J configuration, from a marketing standpoint, I don’t think I would’ve called it a ‘75. Nonetheless, a very tasty-looking instrument.

4. Fender Marketing is funny. They dropped the "reissue" name from their current American Vintage Series, but have no problem labeling other guitars/basses "reissues" that are obviously not...either way, this thing looks pretty sick

5. Cool, and Japanese :)

6. A Japanese Jazz for $1100 with no case?

7. LPswim2009

LPswim2009

Jan 1, 2013
    Does that come left handed?

8. dStar

dStar

Mar 1, 2012
    The funny thing is that it's not on the Fender America or Fender Japan websites.

9. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Pretty! But the pup spacing is '60s. :confused:

10. I recently settled on the '74 American Vintage Jazz Bass, but I don't recall seeing this in my search, I may have really considered this bass for half the price...

11. Where does it say Reissue??? Oh, 1 spot on the Sweetwater page. Everywhere else on the page that it's referred to, Reissue isn't used. ;)

12. That is one sicko bass! I'm not familiar with PJs but is that the first PJ with a J control layout? I was of the impression that PJs always had a P control payout.

13. I bought a bass just like this from Ishibashi a couple of years ago. This has been available from Japan for years. Nice bass, with a lot of thump. If I could bond with a Jazz neck, I would still have it.

14. ^^ This has made me scratch my head for years. If these are for local (Japanese) consumption who buys them? I remember when I was based in Asia and visited Japan frequently, the equivalent of a Japanese "TB-er" like you and me that I would run into during off-work hours would crave for US-made stuff.[SUP]*[/SUP] Juxtapose that thought with the fact that here in North America we can only drool seeing Fender Japan products geared just for the local market.

[SUP]* [/SUP]Actually, from what I remember this craving for US-made stuff extended beyond just Bass stuff. Damn, their Gangstas look more gangsta than their North American counterparts, etc. etc.

15. I've bought several guitars and basses from Japan over the years. I've had plenty of MIJ and MIA gear over the years, and most of it is high quality.

I've wanted a P-bass with blocks and binding for years, and found this one. However, it has the jazz neck.