Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender 6??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pointbass, Mar 17, 2005.

1. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
  2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Never heard of it, but I think it's a scam. For example. Look at the picture of the headstock; it doesn't look like it says Fender.

Pretty sexy bass though.

3. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    No Im pretty sure thats not a fender just somebody trying to make some sales.Ive seen Fender master shop 6 strings basses and they look alot better then that.

4. IMHO, I don't think that thing's details and finishes are horrible, crappy work, it's written Fender to sell quickly and at a high price...

Vince

5. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Yeah, it sounds like BS to me, too. The back of the head says MIJ :confused:

6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    The listing is correct: "Heartfield" was Fender's far-too-late branding answer to Ibanez's "pointy instruments" of the late 80's and early 90's. They were indeed MIJ, in the same factory as Ibanez and many other brands, actually. My old guitarist bought one of their guitars at clearance after the line died a fairly quick death and it was a well-constructed, good sounding guitar compared to it's Ibanez counterpart. It was simply bad timing to release that line as grunge was coming into full swing. :rollno:

Steve Bailey was one of their prime endorsers before switching to his Aria signature series, and currently Warwick.

Because the line was a failure and as exampled here people don't associate them with "Fender" I very much doubt it'll sell at that price, features or not. Properly lowered, however? It would be a steal.

7. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Thanks for the info .... I thought it was kind of strange that the guy would make an outrageous claim of Fender affiliation where none was available, especially from a seller with decent volume on the 'bay and good feedback.

Goes to show ya, you learn something everyday :D Sort of seems like a cool looking bass, scarily similar to the Brice line :bag:

8. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
  9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    heartfield... :meh:

nothing wrong with it, besides the starting price.