Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender active jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by softscrubmonkey, Dec 20, 2004.

1. softscrubmonkey

softscrubmonkey

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis
    Which would be bettre for more versatility between jazz/funk/ and a bit of rock? a fender deluxe active jazz or a standard jazz with an aguilar obp 1 onboard preamp? this also doesnt have to be just a fender jazz, im open for suggestion but im lookin to keep it in the 600 dollar or less range, i have played the schecter stiletto custom 4 and it just didnt quite get what i wanted, but it came close. i also have tried the spector legend 4 and i wasnt too impressed with it. any suggestions?

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Why don't you try a new MIM Dlx Jazzbass with the "noiseless pups. that might just be the ticket for you. The aggie pre while a good choice is only a two band pre-amp while the dlx bass will have a three band pre in it. You could also get the aggie DB924 out board pre-amp which is the same as the obp-1 and keep it should you decide to get rid of any bass you choose to use with it.