Fender American Classic Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by antfarm, Jun 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. antfarm

antfarm

Oct 2, 2017
    tblurker likes this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    So it's gonna have a new name and cost two hundred more? I love Fender but their marketing is so lazy.

3. . . . . this year's new colors, and engine re-tuned for more torque . . . . .

One more re-iteration of a 60 year-old design. Classic, certainly. Utterly useable, for sure. Elegantly simple, without a doubt. A landmark instrument. An absolute affirmation of just how 'Right' the design was.

They'll sell just fine. Till hell freezes over. This year's brand new same-old-same-old.

Park this alongside a current Yamaha BB and see all the engineering and improvement Fender just doesn't have to worry about, as they can just coast along, and people are more than willing to geek out over next to nothing and step right up, wallet in hand.

You just got to hand it to them. Amazing.

booch29 and el jeffe bass like this.
  4. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    [​IMG]
    This is a 2018 A/O body. Looks like Fender is already calling the parts Am Classic.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  5. antfarm

antfarm

Oct 2, 2017
  6. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I just thought it was funny that Fender already calls the Parts AM Classic but the finished bass is called American Original.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    antfarm likes this.
  7. antfarm

antfarm

Oct 2, 2017
    I see, wasn't clear without the description you added under the picture. Interesting...

FunkHead likes this.
  8. I'm stilling waiting for Fender to give the option of the P or J width neck on any bass you buy :D

donhank likes this.
  9. Bass4ThePublic

Bass4ThePublic Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Kansas City
    All I want is a 66 jazz bass reissue

Lownote38 likes this.
  10. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    I recently bought a BB435. It’s price was within $75.00 of a Squier. The way that the neck attaches, the way that the strings go through the body, the five piece neck are all superior. The hardware and pickups are vastly superior to any Squier that I have played. That having been said, I’m sure that the Squier will continue to outsell the Yamaha by a wide margin. People seem to like the Fender name on the headstock.

BillMason likes this.
  11. Mike Vee

Mike Vee

Oct 8, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I was a 70s precision! And a 65/66.

12. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Rebrand the previous AVri with different name ?

13. Gizmot

Gizmot

Mar 22, 2009
    Pittsburgh area
    I agree with all your comments on the Yammy BB models. However since you brought it up - if a bass is branded Squier does that mean its a Fender? By the same rationale, a Volkswagen is a Porsche (or vice versa).

God's Favorite Bass likes this.
  14. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    I’m not saying that a Squier is the same thing as a Fender, it’s not. What I said is that people seem to like the Fender name on the headstock. A better analogy would be if VW said something like “VW by Porsche”.
    Cheers J.S.

15. frublazej

frublazej

Mar 27, 2020
    This rationale is more-less false, sorry :p

Joke aside, VW made all parts in same factories ie. engines are made in Czech factory, other small parts are made with contractors.

For example "floor chassis" for Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda, Lambo or Porsche are made with the same contractor and are interchangeable with different models ie. Q5 or 6, suv by Lambo, VW Tuareg and Porsche suv have the same floor. Engine in our Golf have Audi/VW markings.

Squier and Fender have different parts.

But overall positioning of VW and Fender brands are spot on and on the same principle!

el jeffe bass likes this.
  16. antfarm

antfarm

Oct 2, 2017
    Yahboy likes this.
  17. steveinohio

steveinohio

May 27, 2007
    I’m going to wait until the put out the New American Classic Original.

Jason Hollar and MYLOWFREQ like this.
  18. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    I'd wait for the "American Original Vintage Classic" instead.

steveinohio and Jason Hollar like this.
  19. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I hope they have a sunburst one.

Seriously, every 2 years Fender closes out color cycles and the bass world freaks out like they're never gonna see a P bass and then at NAMM they show the new colors and sometimes give it a new series name to correlate it with the new (rehashed) colors from 4 years ago. Same P, same J, same pickups, same wood, same hardware.

And I LOVE Fender and I play Fenders. But Fender is not launching a new model and they did not discontinue an old model.