1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender American Jazz Deluxe V - PURTY!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by baba, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fender American Jazz Deluxe V here in EXCELLENT condition! This bass plays wonderfully, sounds great, and looks awesome. It has a couple tiny micro dinks on the headstock edge, one of which kind of shows up on the headstock pic. It also has some ultra light scratching on the back, likely from button or buckle, but it's too minor to show up in the pictures. As seen in the pics, this bass is in excellent condition cosmetically, but I'm just pointing out what keeps it from being mint for the obsessive types. Everything works perfectly, no issues. Comes with very nice Fender hard case in excellent condition. Here is a link to more pics: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q109/andyspublicpix/Fender MIA Jazz Deluxe V/

IMG_0080.jpg

GONE!

2. VERY NICE!

3. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Is this an Alder body? I can't tell from the grain.

4. I'm not a grain expert so I'll defer to the Fender spec info I grabbed from a website and say it's ash:

Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V String Description:
    Our five-string American Deluxe Jazz Bass V guitar captures the spirit of Fender innovation with its three-band active EQ, pair of Samarium™ Cobalt Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups and 18-volt power supply.
    This select alder-body bass has a modern C-shaped, graphite-reinforced maple neck with a contoured heel (for easy access to upper frets), five-bolt neck plate, maple or pau ferro rolled-edge fingerboard, abalone dot inlays and highly detailed nut and fret work. Other features include four-over-one-under tuning machine array, two Hipshot® string trees, chrome hardware, a variety of pickguards (see specifications), deluxe chrome-plated steel bridge plate (string-through-body or top-load) with nickel-plated brass saddles, and Fender/Schaller® Deluxe Lite-Bass tuning machines.
    Cutting-edge technology and classic vibe. Combines the vintage look and feel of classic Fender® features with the latest technological innovations. Special-design Noiseless J-Bass® pickups produce a profusion of pure tone while a graphite-reinforced neck ensures stability and solid intonation. 3-band active EQ gives you a whole lot more tonal control than ever before. Alder body (ash body for see-through finishes). 4 over/1 under tuner array with 2 hipshot string trees balance string tension across all 5 strings. Includes hardshell case.

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

What to call really big bodybuilder types in the changeroom at the gym if you want to get punched out.:bag::D

Bump for a great bass at a great price. I own the exact same bass and it is killer. These were $1700+ new.

6. bump for a whole lot of awesome.

7. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    Bump 'cause I played one at the Nashua NH GC yesterday.

Bump 'cause I dug it the most.

Now I just have to convince Mrs. that we should sell our first-born....

8. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Bump because I have its identical twin.

And I want to see this one sell for big bucks! :smug:

9. harrybosch

harrybosch Inactive

Aug 18, 2008
    That is not ash it is alder.

10. bump!

11. lrhew

lrhew

Dec 8, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Bump, for a great seller and a beautiful bass.
    Leaving for Spring Break tomorrow. If it's still here when I get back, we'll talk.

12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Take a closer look at the grain. Plus, it's a see-through finish, which are ash bodies.

13. bump for a great bass. I have an Ibanez Prestige on ebay right now. Maybe if mine sells.... hmmm....

14. harrybosch

harrybosch Inactive

Aug 18, 2008
    You are wrong. The amber finish Fender's feature an alder body. The grain most definitely matches alder. Plus whatever his description that he quote in his first post is probably true of current Fenders. His bass appears to be an '08 when Fender offered an amber finish of alder.

15. Soundloop

Soundloop

Feb 25, 2010
    I have this exact bass, and it's amazing. Mine is an '09.

16. harrybosch

harrybosch Inactive

Aug 18, 2008
    Yep, these are awesome basses. I have one as well.

17. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    PM sent

18. PM also sent

19. PM's returned...

20. ya baby!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.