1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender American Professional Precision Bass V - 5 String as New

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sludgetail, Feb 21, 2019.

1. sludgetail

sludgetail Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Price:
    $1195.00
    Strings:
    PRICED TO SELL; $400 OFF RETAIL>>>
    Lowest Price Anywhere
    Less Than One Hour Play Time
    *priced to sell, but not hurting for $$$ - so pls no offers.

If you want it, grab it now at a great price before she's gone or gets hoarded.

*No trade offers at this time please; have a ton of basses, guitars & Vintage amps; priced low for my TalkBass gang)

Hi All,

Reluctantly selling my American Professional Precision Bass V, five string P-bass in Antique Olive, purchased last month when I went on a bass spree (which has not ended YET). I have probably less than an hour's worth of playing time on her (too many basses); has not been gigged, and has stayed inside of its hard shell case, just here at home in my pet/smoke free studio.

Anything that appears to be a mark is purely reflection; pls see all photos and feel free to ask for more pics; I tried to include a ton, bass is in like-new condition.

Sticker has been placed back on the pickguard and tuners have been recovered. In the light day's use she's had, there's been NO pick use, just fingers, includes all hang-tags and case candy + tools -- flight case is in new condition as well and will ship in its original box + packed well in an outside box for safety (I pack like a beast).

Realized I'm more of a Jazz Bass guy when it comes to Fender. Have bought a few things here -- just purchased a MM Stingray Special 4 from TB'er bassgrackle as well as a Genz Benz Shuttlemax 9.2 amp from Jim Ingraham, both of which are in shipping.

I would like to pass this on to someone who is going to make beautiful music with it at a great deal.

Price exclusive to Talkbass is $1195 Shipped to your door / Top 48 Continental US, packed professionally and double-boxed with love. PayPal Accepted, I'm in Orange, CA (Orange County) if you'd like to meet locally too and you'll get a $95 price break for local pickup because of the time spent packing right as well as shipping costs :)

She's listed for MORE on Reverb, and is STILL the lowest priced one on there (chipped one in "excellent" condition is going for more...

I've bought and sold gear for years, looking to sell a few instruments and while I'm a new supporting member, I've been here chatting for quite some time, and you can check my feedback on eBay user ID is 'tonefreq' and '52 Goldtop on Reverb -- sold there as well. I've shipped everything from '57 Les Pauls to custom 6 string basses and lots of audio equipment for many years, please see all feedback on eBay. You'll get my info and cell number as well as pics of the shipping and of course tracking so you know what's up with your package at all times.

Pickups have a couple small superficial marks on them as shown from playing -- stuff you'd see after just an hours worth of plucking, nothing extreme, has to be seen in right light and will rub off with a jeweler's cloth if it matters to you, but want to be transparent. Otherwise bass is gorgeous, deep and everything you'd want from a P-Bass 5 string.

It's 9.28lbs on the shipping scale.

Highlights from Fender:
    • Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
    • 1963 Precision Bass Neck Profile
    • Single Michael Bump-designed V-Mod split-coil P-Bass pickups
    • HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
    • Fluted-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
    • Includes Elite Molded hardshell case - Also Like New/Never Out
    *bass is priced LOW to-go, listed on Reverb too!

Thanks and please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    dfoehr, soulstew, kobass and 2 others like this.
  2. soulstew

soulstew Supporting Member

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Beautiful bass. I love the Antique Olive. GLWTS!

sludgetail likes this.
  3. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thanks a million brother, much appreciated.

soulstew likes this.
  4. russellh86

russellh86 Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2014
    I have this exact bass and it’s killer! TI Jazz flats will be the purchaser’s best friend. :bassist:

GLWS!

sludgetail likes this.
  5. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thx Russell!! Yeah she’s a beauty! Whatta Low B! I wish I had more use for her myself... definitely know what those flats can do, especially on a P! Thx for the good word and much love brother, have a great weekend and play yours in great health!

-Sol

russellh86 likes this.
  6. nautipaul

nautipaul Singer and bass player / acoustic guitar

Oct 22, 2011
    Zebulon, NC
    I'm having serious gas...

sludgetail likes this.
  7. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thanks great talking to you! Best price on the web in this condition, keep me posted and have a great wknd :)

8. neljoshua

neljoshua Supporting Member

Beautiful bass and an amazing deal!

sludgetail likes this.
  9. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thanks so much! Yeah, for sure... would keep her if I wasn't loaded to gills with gear right now... listing them little by little here and on Reverb as time permits. Definitely trying to get folks the best value for their hard-earned dollar!

Thanks for the good word brother, have an awesome Sunday!

10. nautipaul

nautipaul Singer and bass player / acoustic guitar

Oct 22, 2011
    Zebulon, NC
    PM sent...

11. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thanks Paul, bass is still for available folks; priced to go so no offers at this time. Remember, you can pick up in Orange County and save $95 off the already crazy price I've listed it at.

*No trades at this time, I'm overloaded with basses and amps and love 'em all. Thanks TB'ers!

12. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    SOLD -- THANK YOU DEREK

Great speaking with you on the phone today and she's getting pro-packed and shipped tomorrow AM! Will keep you posted with tracking and photos!

***NOTE TO FUTURE BUYERS & SELLERS, DO NOT USE THIS PRICE AS A GUIDELINE FOR THIS BASS, ESPECIALLY IN THIS CONDITION. IT WAS PRICED TO MOVE, AND IT DID IN A COUPLE DAYS; NOT INTENDED TO HURT THE MARKET. AS MENTIONED IN THE ORIGINAL AD, I WOULDN’T EXPECT TO SEE IT AT THIS PRICE AGAIN.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021