SOLD Fender American Vintage 63 Seminole Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Sam_Bass84, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Sam_Bass84

Sam_Bass84 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2021
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Well, said I would never sell this bass but something else has came up.
    Here one of Fender’s most revered production basses in the extremely rare Seminole Red finish. Excellent condition.

2013 model; Weight: 8 lbs. 9 oz.

There is slight play wear limited to swirling and rubs – no dings nor major scratches to the period-correct thin lacquer finish. I’m the third owner--personally, I never gigged the thing.

There is the predictable checking to the delicate lacquer over areas of the body, which I have tried my best to demonstrate in the photos. Other deviations from perfection include some marring of the finish where the bridge cover met the body and some slight chipping by the bridge cover screw holes, which I have also tried to capture (the ashtray has not been on the bass since I’ve owned it). There’s a paint chip at the side of the neck pocket resulting from neck removal for adjustment, and a chip near the bottom right corner of the neck plate. See also scratching to the mint pickguard at the neck heel truss rod adjustment point. I have installed a Tortoiseshell 63 precision pickguard.

There is a StewMac .25-degree full-pocket shim in the neck pocket that was installed by the previous owner. Bass has all original pickups and pots witch sounds amazing.
    Bass has just been professionally setup and strung with flats.
    Includes blonde hardshell vintage retro case along with all case candy pictured, comprising among other things hang tags, retro vintage-appropriate literature, leather skinny strap, polishing cloth, and of course the bridge and pickup covers, which in the pix are wrapped in protective paper towel.

All in all, an outstanding and very rare discontinued bass that will not disappoint.

$2300 Shipped and insured to your door.
    CONUS.

Attached Files:

2. Polk Salad

Polk Salad Passenger, Ship of Fools

Sep 18, 2007
    I used to own one of these, Seminole Red is a beautiful color!

russellh86 and Sam_Bass84 like this.
  3. Sam_Bass84

Mar 13, 2021
    Indeed it is. One of my favorites next to fiesta Red.

4. noeinstein

noeinstein Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Northern California
    Love the original mint guard, but that tort looks very nice... like the Pino, but Seminole Red is my favorite color.

5. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    The tortoise pickguard looks nice on this.

chechunka likes this.
  6. Tom P

Tom P

Aug 19, 2004
    1.75 on the neck width?

7. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    Beautiful bass. Is the neck holding adjustment? Any bow in the neck or spacers on the truss nut? Thx

8. So nice. I love my faded sonic blue AV63. That red is really great!

Sam_Bass84 likes this.
  9. Sam_Bass84

Mar 13, 2021
    I believe that is correct

10. Sam_Bass84

Mar 13, 2021
    No spacers, neck is straight holds up nicely after setup haven’t had to readjust

11. Sam_Bass84

Mar 13, 2021
    upload_2021-6-18_8-56-52.png

12. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    I don't mean to be rude, but do you have an account on ebay or Reverb that people could check out your rating? Thx

Simonon Paul Simonon likes this.
  13. Sam_Bass84

Mar 13, 2021
    No I don’t but I see that your only beating me by 4….. Buy my bass so you can be my first positive feedback. From what I know that’s why people use PayPal because it protects the buyer and seller or am I wrong??

Simonon Paul Simonon likes this.
  14. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    It’s not unusual for someone to ask for previous sales history from someone who has only 3 months history at TB and no feedback. I’ve been here since 2007 and many people have seen me interacting on the boards and know who I am.

I also have over 130 transactions on eBay with 100% positive feedback. I have 100% positive feedback as well on Reverb.

No worries if you don’t have feedback, but it could go a long way in helping you sell your bass if you did.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  15. 713HTown

713HTown Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2021
    Im new too , this is interesting . We gotta start from somewhere. Well at least I have sold a couple things on Reverb . There’s Hope me this is Hope !!

16. Sam_Bass84

Mar 13, 2021
    You know I forgot I do have a reverb account..
    Sam’s Bass Shop

17. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    Having positive feedback with Reverb is very helpful for a purchaser. Not as much of a problem if you are a buyer. We all have to start somewhere, but I’m asking for positive history from the OP as I think it will help other potential buyers as well as the OP to sell.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  18. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    Perfect. Thanks for the info.

19. 713HTown

713HTown Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2021
    Im new here , so I don’t have a problem with any if that , i think it’s helpful as you mentioned, but is there any chance we new members are going to have a problem selling because we start from the bottom ? From my understanding as this New member mentioned above , method of payment would be PayPal for protection for both parties. I have great feedback on revrb but that’s revrb . We are here on TB , hoping to develop a great reputation if that’s even possible since I’m a new member.

20. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I would not have a problem buying this from you as long as there is good communication and use PayPal. Would you be interested in trade offers?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021