1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender bass amp?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by gerry grable, Feb 2, 2017.

1. gerry grable

gerry grable Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Does anyone know how good the new Fender 100w bass amp is? I looked at one when I took my GK back to the shop. It's so light, lighter than my 200mb. It's cheap, too. But does it sound cheap on a gig?

2. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Your first second choice™ Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I have a Rumble 25 that I bought as a practice amp for electric bass, but I recently used it with my upright for a low-volume trad jazz gig and it worked like a charm. I've been thinking about picking up the Rumble 40 or 100.

It's not the most flexible EQ, but the basic sound is good and the 1 MegOhm input impedance works well with piezo pickups.

- Steve

3. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Your first second choice™ Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    These amps have come up in previous threads. Heres one.

- Steve

4. gerry grable

gerry grable Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks, Steve.
    You threw me at first with the "Rumble" moniker. The sales/tech guy just showed me three new amps, a 40w, a 100w ($299) and I believe a 200w which is too big for me. I only saw "Fender" on them, no "Rumble", but I didn't look at the backs of the amps. He suggested the 100 for upright.
    I feel much better now, knowing that I have a alternate choice if my GK 200mb doesn't get fixed.