Fender Bassman 150

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Bob Lubecker, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Has anyone tried the Fender Bassman 150 for doubling? What do you guys think of it?
  2. Justin K-ski

Justin K-ski

May 13, 2005
    i have a bassman 200 (used with a realist and fishman pre amp). It works well, but not GREAT. It's very heavy and unnecessary for most upright gigs. It's very powerful though, esp for outdoor gigs where the bass would be lost otherwise.
  3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I doubt you're talking about the old school bassman 150 tube amp? Those are niiiice, especially if you replace the preamp 12ax7's with low gain 12au7's. I did this to my 1965 Fender Bassman, and it's nice clean warm tube tone....
  4. There's a new model(a few , really)- the one I was curious about is the 1x12/100 watt combo, but now I have an Eden CXC-110 on the way. The Fender is interesting to me because it's lighter than the Kickback 12 I'm tired of lugging. Mind you the Eden is not much lighter, if at all, but the Hartke is bulkier. Who knows- I'm sure I'll want something different in a month or so. Bassists. :rolleyes: