TRADED Fender Blacktop Jazz w/ Pope Pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by west*coast*bass, Aug 6, 2017.

1. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Westlake Village, CA
    Price:
    $450
    Strings:
    Selling this Fender Blacktop Jazz with a Mike Pope preamp installed - complete pro job!

Bass weighs about 8.75 pounds. The neck is in great shape with a fully functioning truss rod, and it plays great. I just really prefer passive basses. 18v Controls are blend, stacked volume/tone, stacked 2 band mid and stacked treble/bass. There is a passive/active toggle, and the passive tone control works in passive and active mode. Bass comes with a non descript gig bag.

I'm looking for $450 and will split shipping. Just a note; with the high cost of gas in California, it's pretty expensive to ship a bass now. The last one I shipped was just under $100. I'll gladly remove the neck to save some cost.

I will also entertain trades for a passive jazz bass. Weight cannot exceed 9 pounds, nut width should be 1.5 inches and the truss rod must be fully functional! If you're located in California, all the better for sale or trade!

Please reach out if you have questions, and thanks for looking!

IMG_1040.JPG IMG_1041.JPG

JCooper likes this.
  2. WR Jacobs

WR Jacobs Guest

Oct 15, 2015
    What year made..original owner and you had the mods done when?..which Pope pre is installed?...didn't know they came in Black

3. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Westlake Village, CA
    Not the original owner, not sure of the year. Got this from a local player who had the pre professionally installed.

Not sure which version, but it's a 4 band.

4. WR Jacobs

WR Jacobs Guest

Oct 15, 2015
    On reverse headstock after MX the first two digits are the year

5. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Westlake Village, CA
    Thanks... it's 2012.

6. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003