1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender FSR Hot Rod Jazz (4) MIA Oly !

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Doug Parent, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Price drop $900

This is the real deal and a true classic. Made in America. "FSR" stands for factory short run meaning only 250 of these were made! Quality workmanship and very nice fret work. The rosewood is very even in color and the neck is fast and comfortable. Feels like a 60's jazz bass. This is the bass you buy and work with for the next 30 years. This bass is equipped with the S-1 switch for greater tonal variety. (Parallel - Series) Also standard to the FSR Hot Rod are a Bad Ass II bridge, Fender Samarium Cobalt noiseless pickups.

Nitrocellulose laquer finish in Olympic White with matching headstock and tort PG. THE Classic!

Maple neck/rosewood fingerboard. Alder body.

The frets don't have any wear on them that I can see with the naked eye.
    There are a few somewhat minor imperfections from use by the previous owner. I have painstakingly tried to detail them for you here so there are no surprises or unmet expectations. A couple of dimples and soft dents but nothing that goes through the finish. (detailed in photos) One very small blemish on the headstock (detailed in photo)

Weight is 9 lbs 15 oz.

$950.00 (price drop to $900) shipped to your door CON US. Paypal. No trades.

Can ship in a budget hardshell case or budget gig bag.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. just to fill in a couple blanks on these for a former Minneeesotan ... there were actually only 215 of these made as an FSR for Guitar Centers, the run was started in Feb of '08 ... they carried a list price by Fender of $2142 ... ;)

Edit to add: .. forgot to mention, this body should have NO CHANNEL ROUTING and NO CNC hole under pickguard ... another positive

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  3. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Holy Moly! List price @$2142.00 ! Thanks for that info!

4. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Price drop

5. bassclef29

bassclef29

May 30, 2005
    Doug,
    I contacted you by starting a conversation:
    <<I'm a TBer living in San Diego 92104. Would like to try the bass. Not a tire kicker, we're all too busy for that. Currently using a 1985 Fender Jazz Special but it's a P/J and I'm thinking JJ is the way to go...?>>
    Thanks,
    -Joe G

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  6. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    additional info added to OP re: weight

7. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Available.

8. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Bump. Still here make an offer.

9. BoxcarWilbur

BoxcarWilbur Cayo

Apr 13, 2012
    Austin Texas
    Hey Doug......i've got $700 if you're interested and can get it to Lakeway Texas (78734) for that? I know it's less than you want so i totally understand if you can't do it. I'm just up through the night tonight looking at things i have absolutely no business buying but will somehow justify it later.......if you know what i mean. Take care------Ed.

10. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    PM replied

11. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    sold