1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender high mass Bass Bridge Saddle screw

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fraidykat, Apr 27, 2017.

1. fraidykat

fraidykat

Apr 14, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Hi,

I'm looking for a replacement screw for my Fender high mass Bass Bridge Saddle. See the attached pic. The rest of the saddle is fine. It's the long one, not the small height screws on the top. Does anyone know what the size of the screw is?

Thanks in advance!
    Kate

Attached Files:

2. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    It will depend if it's metric or standard. If the small screws at the Home Depot don't fit, it's likely metric M30 or larger. Early this month, I had to hunt down a metric 1.5 inch M30 for a import bass saddle. The SAE or standard did not fit as the threads did not match up with the saddle. I was lucky to find a specialty hardware store that caters to contractors. So I got 4 Stainless Steel replacements for under a buck.

Nevertheless, you should be able to find a specialty hardware store that stocks a huge selection of nuts and bolts. Ask around the machine shops, and import motors for referrals, as they usually deal with metric. And bring the saddle with you to make sure it fits.