1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Fender Jaguar Bass John Kallas model

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PaulieBe, Feb 23, 2016.

1. PaulieBe

PaulieBe

Jun 25, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Price:
    $2000.00
    Strings:
    For Sale: Original John Kallas modified Fender Jaguar Bass.

This is a first run sunburst body circa 2006 (only available in Japan)

This is an original run Jaguar that has been modified by John (AKA johnk_10) to address Fender design shortcomings.

-Comes with hardshell (Fender/SKB) case.
    -Sunburst with bound dot rosewood neck.

(I had John originally make me a Black one with matching headstock. I loved it so much I had to have him make me a Sunburst one. Currently he is making my friend a white one with matching headstock! So, all bases/ basses are being covered!)

Link to John’s fascinating Jaguar modifications and thought process on his website. CLICK HERE FOR LINK or go here: Jaguar-Bass

This is a fantastic guitar with zero issues. One of the most stable fast wonderful necks I have ever owned and all of the microscopic attention to detail you would expect from John Kallas. Here are a list of the modifications John has performed:

- The original neck has been replaced with a (Fender-liscenced) Musickraft Jazz Bass rosewood neck. It has a thicker more early 60’s feel. Incredible stable and plays wonderfully.

-The neck has been rolled, bound and refinished.

- 1960’s NOS .047 capacitor for the passive tone circuit. (60’s F Jazz Bass)

-The tuners are Gotoh res-o-lite heads

-The original plastic knobs were replaced with correct Bakelite knobs.

-The pots and Nut are top quality Fender stock.

- The Fender pre-amp has been replaced with an EMG pre-amp with center detante pots.

- New Switchcraft jack.

- Seymour Duncan Jazz bass Pickups

-The cavity has been properly paint shielded by John

- New Fender ‘F’ neck plate

- The profile of all the slide switches have been reduced to original, proper Jaguar specs.

-Hardshell Fender case included

!! Important !! The bassmute seen in some off the pictures will NOT be included. I just hadn't yet taken it off before pictures. It is affixed with lite tape (no drilling) and will not leave any traces.

(I may have the original pickups and electronics and will include if I do.)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Tbone76, 2cooltoolz, rms2 and 3 others like this.
  2. Where did you get the mute? What brand?

3. PaulieBe

PaulieBe

Jun 25, 2011
    Los Angeles
    It's called The Bassmute. The BassMute - A smart muting device for Bass Players. A Dutch luthier made them for a minute. You can find them used; I found two. But since then I have never seen another. I think he has stopped making them... but I may be wrong.

4. Thanks, found it online, interesting

5. PaulieBe

PaulieBe

Jun 25, 2011
    Los Angeles
    They really are quite great. Very convenient and ultra-adjustable.