Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz 1960 vs Squier Jazz affinity for Studio recordings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PaasAap2000, Jun 9, 2005.

1. PaasAap2000

PaasAap2000

Jun 6, 2005
    i know it sound like a stupid question :p but i can almost buy a fender classic jazz bass 1960, but for the same money i can get like 3 squier jazz basses :p so i'm wonderin if the diffirence is really worth the money when i'm only doin studio recordings with it. cause for the same money i can buy a squier jazz bass + another instrument. i'm not really a pro bass player, originally i;m a guitar player, i owned a 5 string bass guitar but i sold it cause the sound wasnt what i was lookin for (funk/soul).
    and when i read the reviews @ harmony central i see that a lot of people say the sound aint a very big diffirence. but i dont wanna go buy a squier, and in 6 months find out a fender jazz is much much better and have to buy it anyway.

2. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Tell you what.....buy them all, and I'll guarantee to take the '60 off your hands for what you paid for it. By the way, what's the asking price?

3. PaasAap2000

PaasAap2000

Jun 6, 2005
    the fender 1960 is 699 euro and a squier jazz affinity 215 euro

4. PaasAap2000

PaasAap2000

Jun 6, 2005
  5. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Oh, well that changes things.

Even so, assuming it's a MIJ reissue, I'm sure you'll like it better than the Squire by a mile. Better build quality, better electronics. I've never had one in my hands, but that seems to be the popular consensus here.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Either way it will be better than the squire.

And since you're going to be using it in the studio setting, the non-squire will have better sound.