Fender jazz off ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Jan 22, 2006.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
  2. klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    it's used, the new basses were announced what, 2 days ago?
    no. it's not new.

and frankly you're a jerk for even considering bailing on it. The guy will get charged ebay fees for the auction, and then have to relist it. It's a binding legal contract you entered into by bidding on it.
  3. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    2 days ago?

werent there other new ones with the special pickups or something?
    i saw them on www.gak.co.uk a few months back
    " The J-Bass now incorporates two Bi-Pole pickups fashioned after the American Series pickups. Available in 5-String, Left-Hand and Fretless versions. (Mexico)"

"PICKUPS: 2 "New" Standard Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups (Mid & Bridge)"

and when i said "not pay for it" i meant return it after i had recieved it. so i would have to probably pay postage anyway
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Either way i dont think this is new at all, looks to be at least a year or two old. I dont see anything that signifies new model on it. Looks like the normal ones.
  5. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    ok, maybe i should have phrased my question better.

is it a good bass?
    and assuming its stock what kinds of pickups does it have (same as american jazz)?
  6. That still blows. The seller still pays the fees regardless. Please do not bid on any auction I may have in the future.:rollno:

Oh yah. About the bass. I had one for about 4-5 years. It played great and I had no problems. If you throw in some nice pu's and new pre, they are quite handy to have around. My only thing with the bass I had was it was not good shielding in the controll cavity, but that's easily fixed.
  7. Its 5 years old, so its a standard mexican jazz bass. Mexican electronics, mexican parts

not that that makes it bad. You'll be fine with it as it comes, but you might find one day you want something with better pickups or a different bridge. Luckilly fender jazzes might be the best bass to have when it comes to modifying, because they're very very easy to find parts for.
  8. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    thanks for the replies guys, ok maybe my not paying for it idea was bad. I regret saying that (im a ebay noob anyway).