SOLD Fender MIM 5 string Jazz bass, Free shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Syco_bass, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Syco_bass

Syco_bass Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Hello all. I have a very nice MIM 5 string Jazz bass. Pickups have been swapped out for 70's classic vibe squire units. All electronics have been upgraded to brand new Bourns 250K tone pots and paper in oil .047 cap. This bass has good tone and zero hum. Everything has been shielded with shielding paint.

As you can see in the pics, there are a few bumps and nicks, but nothing structural. This is a solid bass with zero issues.

Neck is straight, no sharp edges, nice rose wood fretboard and no buzzing. A real pleasure to play.

Bass comes with brand new gig bag as shown in pics.

Trade considerations - 5 string "Fender/Squire" necks. Show me what you have and we can discuss. Deal would need to include Neck and $$ coming my way.

Thanks for looking. PM me if you have any questions.
    Price includes shipping.

Thanks
    Syco.
    GEDC0060.JPG GEDC0061.JPG GEDC0063.JPG GEDC0064.JPG GEDC0065.JPG GEDC0067.JPG

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  2. AncientNoob

AncientNoob Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2021
    Rural Oregon
    Where in Arizona are you? I’m heading down from Oregon for Knotfest. I might wanna take a look at this while I’m there.

3. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Tucson

4. G RICH 5

G RICH 5 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Detroit
    Syco stuff is topnotch
    I have 2 of his basses and they are my favorites
    Great guy to deal with, too.
    GLWTS

Syco_bass likes this.
  5. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Updated info...Price now includes shipping.

G RICH 5 likes this.
  6. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Weight?

7. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    I don't remember off hand, but I will weigh it on my bathroom scale tonight. My recollection is that it was right around 9lbs.

8. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Sorry for the delay. I was wrong. It's actually 10lbs on my scale. Maybe a couple ounces more. My digital scale bounces back and forth between 10 and 10.5. I will say that if you were to replace the bridge with an aluminum Hipshot B bridge, it will shave probably 3 oz. Also, if you went with Aluminum or plastic knobs, you'll shave another couple ounces. The knobs on it, seem to weigh 3 oz. each. ;-) I have some after market, plastic, "Fender" style, push-on knobs I'll throw in. They are not original Fender units, but they are much lighter.

Anyway, there ya have it.
    Cheers.

G RICH 5 likes this.
  9. kelvmo

kelvmo

Mar 5, 2021
    I’m in Tucson and extremely interested. Are you available tomorrow or Monday?

10. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    PM Sent.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022