Fender PJ bass deluxe discountinued?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nykki Madd, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Nykki Madd

Nykki Madd

Jul 5, 2014
    Is this bass being made anymore because I don't see it on the GC website or anything?It's not even in the stores anymore. If you don't know what bass i'm talking about its the one in my profile picture.and also can someone tell me a little about it?if they're happy with it,how the neck is...

2. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
  3. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    The Deluxe Active P Bass Special...$699.99 is on the Guitar Center website, but I've never actually found one hanging up in the store. Guitar Center and Sam Ash don't actually sell them other than online, unless it's a trade in, and even then I've only seen two at GC in the last year, both in states halfway across the country. Believe me, if I see one in any of the 3 GCs I frequent, or any of the other half dozen or so within driving distance, I'm putting it on layaway...if it's the Blizzard White one with the maple fretboard, which sure doesn't seem likely.
    The American Deluxe P Bass...$1,699.99 is on the Fender website and also available. Both are PJ active basses...the American Deluxe has an active/passive switch.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  4. It's still listed on the Fender site as being a current model.

The Mexican Deluxe Precision Special isn't actually that good. Put it down to the $2 preamp if you like, but the American Deluxe Precision as mentioned by jd56hawk is a much nicer instrument. It's actually a really nice combination with the passive tone and the ability to do a very good Jazz-esque back pickup burp.

5. I played a brand new one at GC in Scottsdale, AZ a couple years ago

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I really wish they had them in my area. Even though I want the white one it'd be nice to play any to see how it sounds and feels.
    I like the navy blue, too, but for some reason they don't make them with maple fretboards.
    One was for sale on ebay awhile back. I don't think it sold. Maybe it'll be relisted.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021