1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Fender Precision Bass 1963 Fiesta Red Refin Pre-CBS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by joker820, Dec 2, 2019 at 6:57 PM.

1. joker820

joker820 Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Price:
    $7500.00
    Strings:
    Most of the parts are all original. Only things non-original are the body finish, back of neck finish, and ground wire to the bridge. Comes with a Road Runner "Sunglass" Style case. The neck stamp has sadly been lost to time. The serial number is an early L Series, which puts it at mid 1963 P. This makes sense due to the Spaghetti Logo and Clay Dots. The fretboard is a gorgeous Brazilian Rosewood with nice reddish grain mixed in with the brown. I have an early 63 P with a Dec 62 date stamp so have been able to compare the two. This bass has the slightly fuller, rounder profile that 1963s are known for. I happen to prefer it to the really thin 59-62 profile. Sadly, my pockets aren't deep enough to keep both. This one was purchased because the shop was going to part it out and I couldn't bear to see that. Especially one as rare as this with the original mint pickguard.

I had Joe Riggio refinish the bass in Fiesta Red with a slightly aged looking clearcoat. The back of the neck was refinished to have a worn in feel and is on par with, if not better than the Fender Custom Shop. It's tough to capture the slight pinkish hue of true Fiesta Red with an iPhone camera but I will try my best. Weighs 8.5 lbs give or take an ounce, my scale isn't super accurate. Strung up with a new set of Thomastik Jazz Flats ($80) it sounds just like you dream it does I'll be uploading more pictures in the coming days Please let me know if you have any questions. Shipping to Continental US only

Original: Body, Neck, Frets, Nut, Clay Dots, Front Headstock Finish and Decal, Pickup, Mint Pickguard, Aluminum Pickguard Shield, Pots, Cap, Some Wiring, Tuners, Bridge, Tug Bar, Both Chrome Covers, Knobs, Neck Plate, and as far as I can tell all Screws on the bass.

Not Original: Body Finish, Back of Neck Finish, Ground Wire to Bridge replaced with vintage style cloth.

Attached Files: