1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Fender Precision Bass Special with big improvements!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FlexPete, May 2, 2019.

1. FlexPete

FlexPete

Sep 4, 2011
    Atlanta
    Price:
    Strings:
    Time to let another bass go. This is gorgeous and plays really well. Not sure if this one should go tbh but got to many so here we go. I have put a lot into this bass.

I am trying to fund a bass that will suit me better so I don’t keep getting gas.

This is a special run Fender MIM P bass body with Jazz neck.

Upgraded the neck pickup to Fender 62 Original (actual bass pickup supplied also) and kept the noiseless jazz pickup in place as it balances well and is quiet also offers a lot of variation on tones.

The pick guard has been replaced with a tort guard as you can see it is a standard guard with an added pot in it. Looks ok in my book and functions perfectly. I will include the original pick guard (white) with the bass.

A bass extender also installed, the original will also be included.

The neck has been improved immensely as the poly finish was not to my liking. The rear of the neck was stripped and oil applied. It’s now super smooth and a great feel. Frets ends tidied up and slightly rolled edges. Plays great, in fact thought about keeping the bass and splitting it just for the neck.

Recent GHS Boomers on the bass.

There is one mark that I can find on the rear edge of the body, not noticeable when playing and does not affect the bass in any way.

The bass has never been gigged, non smoking home use only.

A gig bag will be included.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  2. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Someday, but not right now. I've got something else on my radar...

... the bass is beautiful, btw!

3. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Would you be interested in a '95 reissue Blueburst Danelectro Longhorn.

4. FlexPete

FlexPete

Sep 4, 2011
    Atlanta
    I have just changed the pickups and electronics to Geezer P/J (passive) and this is not going anywhere at present. What a difference I just fell in love again. Amazing, if you have a pj bass you must try them out, note clarity and articulation.... unbelievable tbh along with the playability of this bass.Fantastic.
    Thanks.

5. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    You had me there for a minute... I'm a sucker for Tort and have always wanted a surf/sea foam green axe... I played one at a GC yesterday at lunch as a matter of fact.... I'm sure she will work out great for you, especially after all the improvements. - oh, and I did wind up reviewing that Geezer vs. Dimarzio youtube video yesterday evening. putting those in was a good plan! Enjoy!!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021