1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble 75 Issue (Please Help)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by CelebrityCircus, Jan 2, 2012.

1. CelebrityCircus

CelebrityCircus

Jan 2, 2012
    Canada
    Sorry for the lengthy post:

So, this is quite a weird issue I have going on here. I bought the Fender Rumble 75 this afternoon. Got it for a nice price. I tried out the amp at the store, played around with it for about half an hour. No problems.

The guy said it was the last one they had in stock. It was missing a knob for the treble. I was eager to get it, but did not want to buy it without the knob. As I was heading out I spotted the exact same amp. I pointed it out to him, so he rung it up and I started to head home. When I got home I plugged in the amp. I have a weird problem.

The volume knob is screwed up. If you turn the volume knob all the way down, it sounds like it goes full volume with a lot of fuzz and feedback. To fix the fuzz and feedback I yank out my cord from the guitar and put it back in. There is no more fuzz or what not, but the volume is STILL on when the knob is set to 0. If you turn it up it works fine for a bit, but then the fuzz returns. I pull out the cord, and put it back in. Then I began notice that any SLIGHT pressure put on the knob (or the area around the knob) causes the volume to go max and the fuzz comes back louder than ever. This continues until I touch the complete other side of the knob panel. As soon as I put any pressure on the opposite side, it fixes the noise.

I apologize if that was confusing in any way, but I do hope that anyone out there can help me out. I will most likely return it back to the store, and get them to order me a new one, hopefully they won't try to persuade me into letting them "repair" it.

Thanks

2. Returning the amp promptly to the store with receipt in hand would be the best approach. DO NOT Attempt to fix this yourself, the store could, in turn, blame you for breaking it. Be firm, but polite and ask for a return. If they haggle with you, get your money back and tell them you will not be giving them your business anymore. The sooner the better with returns! ;)

3. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    I have one of these, and Fender backs them for 5 years. Just find your nearest authorized repair shop and Fender will replace or repair at their discretion. At least they way if they do decide to repair it, you'll know it's getting done right.

4. ^ this. My one works just fine but if I had any problems the last thing I'd do would be to dismantle it and attempt to fix it myself when it's still under warranty and could get a possible replacement.