Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Zone 5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ian Perge, May 18, 2004.

1. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    In the November '02 issues of Bass Player reviewed an American Deluxe Zone, giving it high marks in all categories and an overall very positive review, and ends with the question, "Hey, Fender, how about a 5?"

In the Frontline 2004 catalog under the Deluxe Zone, Fender added a listing and model number (013-5900) for a "Zone V", and they've recently updated their website with a listing for the fiver, but has anyone seen any photos, or is this going to be kept under wraps until Summer NAMM?

I'd prefer an American Deluxe Zone 5, but even the standard Deluxe has me interested. I suppose it's because I'm a huge fan of the American Deluxe Precisions with their massive bridge humbucker (which would explain my current A Perfect Circle obsession ;) ), but am a smaller guy and am simply overwhelmed by the Am. Deluxe P sized-body. Then again, there's always a Warmoth Dinky P with a Rio Grande Powerbucker in the bridge... :D

2. i've greatly enjoyed both the zone and FMT jazz basses i've played. fender can make really nice basses!

i don't know anything about a zone V, but since they usually wait until long after a show before they update their site, who knows about availability. it may well be available and your dealer doesn't have one. then again, musician's friend isn't selling them yet, so who knows.

robb.

3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I played the Zone V when I ordered my Zone IV. It was nice. I liked the spacing of the strings (regular), the neck, and most importantly, the tone. I almost took it instead of the four. I would recommend it.

Dan