Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lecollectif, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    I've yet to see a thread about this, so I figured it would be something fun(ny) to discuss. I put it here because, well, amps usually swallow that problem.

Let's hear stories about various arguments or even fights that you've gotten with a guitar player because too loud wasn't loud enough for him/her.

As for mel, one of them is usually too low or perfect, and the other one, well, I could swear his amp goes to 11. We bicker about it all the time.
  2. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    This should probably be in Gig stories or somthing.
  3. My guitar player's amp STARTS at 11, but the piano player kills everyone(!)- fortunately, he's very good.
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
  5. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Id leave, I auditioned for a few groups where the guitarist pinned the pre and volumes. They never did turn em down, I imagine they did find a bassist who doesnt respect his/her hearing or the audiances.

I wont give people like that the respect involved in an argument.

To answer the question, ya i got in a fight with a guitarist that was running a 50 watt all tube 4/12 in a tiny garage full blast, full overdrive and with a metal pedal. I asked him to turn it down, and he told me to get a louder rig, so i left :(
  6. lol my lead guitarist thinks he needs to be louder when his amps volume completely blows away the other guitarists volume

fortunately it doesnt affect me as I'm still heard :)
  7. I'm too loud for my guitarists. haha. But I need to be able to stand out with the stuff we do so I'm slightly louder than them both (thankfully I got a bigger amp before I started playing with them). Coolest thing - They agree and don't biitch. I love my band.
  8. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Fights...arguments??? :confused: In my band, that's referred to as the simple art of pre and post practice conversation! :p
  9. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Guitarists always think they need more power, more guitars, more gear in general and NEVER think they need to study and cultivate their ears.

10. I got in a fight with my guitarist one resulted in a butter knife duel, he was no match for my skills with the butter knife. :D
  11. Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I don't argue - I just make sure my rig can go WAY louder than his (and bring earplugs). Crush them into submission, I say... ;)
  12. simple answer

SVT 4 PRO w/ 8-10's

That and I did all the editing for my old bands CD's
  13. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yep. I don't argue. I have 3300 watts, and a nice set of earplugs. :)
  14. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    LOL, serious!
  15. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    But my friend is a drummer, and his guitarist is an idiot... They always complain he's too loud (And he sucks) so he just turns it up more... when He cant turn it up more he puts up more overdrive and volume pedals... This guy has sound issues... He wants EVERYONE in the freakin world to hear him.
  16. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Like with some others above, I'm not going to waste time getting into an argument with a moron, I'll let my 3000 watts do it if I need to, that'll shut 'em up every time.
  17. Volume was one of the main reasons we kicked our short-lived lead guitarist out of our band. He would always turn up the amp when we weren't looking...well, he claimed he wasn't doing it, but somehow his amp would just get louder and louder throughout practice and he would blame it on his amp saying "it's digital...something's wrong with it. I need to pay someone to hook it up to a computer and see what's wrong with it." What an idiot.
  18. Man I must be fairly lucky cause I've only got one guitarist in my band and he's pretty good about keeping a good volume. Although I do get pretty annoyed with him having on the of the Line 6 Pod Pro XT units. FX can get pretty annoying when all they do is fool around with them. What happend to good ole all american distortion. Hes got a Mesa for crying out loud..
  19. Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Pre and Post... I should be so lucky... :D During seems to be my bands favorite time...