1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Filters, Please help me

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cristian MM93, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Hi all !
    I'm Cristian from Rio (Brazil), and i'm thinking about to get an Envelope filter. My doubt:
    Digitech bass Synth or DOD FX25. Can u help me? tanx!!!!

MM sr4 93.
    Fender Jazz 92.:help:

2. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph !! Supporting Member

I own those 2 things. Very different beasts, both hard to tame.

Although I do like the pedal, the BSW doesn't have a lot of settings that are usable in a band format, outside modes 1 and 2. I did have a lot of fun playing with it on my own :eek: but eventually took it off the board. Now it lies in my studio and I still plug in it from time to time.

The FX25 is also lots of fun. I have an early 80's edition that a little quirky but waaaaaaaaay funky. Its also off the board for now, I prefer using a later edition FX25B at the moment.

But man... so many filters out there !!!

3. Mr.Tannerdal

Mr.Tannerdal

Aug 12, 2010
    Hi there!

I haven't tried any of them but I use the EBS BassIQ and it's way better than all the other envelope filters I've tried.

4. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    I can never seem to dial in my FX25B, though lots of people like 'em. My favorite is the Groove Regulator and I also like the Maxon (mine's an AF-01). The Electro Harmonix ones I've tried have all sounded cool. There are loads of fun filters. They all behave a bit differently, and differently as well from bass to bass.

5. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    Hi Cristian,

I use MXR Bass Envelope Filter, Xotic Robotalk II, Pigtronix Envelope Phaser II, and a clone of the 70's MXR Filter with some mods (tonepad.com ) I like them all for what they do.

I can also suggest, older DOD Fx25 and 25B, Mini Q-tron, Groove Regulator.

I have other filters that I built myself, but thats another topic...

6. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Check out the new Bass Envelope Filter from Source Audio,
    I got it a couple of weeks ago for only $120 (Canadian) and is by far the best filter I have played and that includes the EBS and MXR.

I had the Digitech Bass Synth a while ago and it can be fun but I would not recommend it although it does have a pretty decent octave effect.

7. Tanx, but here in Brazil we haven't too many options. I asked about the DOD and Digitech 'cause they are easier to find here and I'm looking for a classier stuf. Sorry for my bad english peace for u all!!!

8. giacomini

giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    Olha no ML que tem uma loja do Ceará (acho que é guitar shop CE) que vende Electro Harmonix. Dá pra conseguir um efeito de envelope bom do Dr. Q (custa uns 210 reais) e melhor ainda, o Bassballs (em torno de 400 pila).

Mas se tu quer um pedal mais versátil, com mais coisas além do filtro de envelope, eu recomendo o Digitech...

:bassist: