Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally Ordered An Acoustic!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassGod, Feb 11, 2006.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Well, I was gonna wait until I actually got my hands on it, but I just can't. Today I placed an order for an acoustic guitar.

Seagull Artist Cameo CW:

[​IMG]

with

LR Baggs iBeam Duet:

[​IMG]

I'm ever so stoked.

The guitar features a solid spruce top, solid flame maple back, and three layer hardwood lamination of flame maple for the sides (no pressboard). Mahogany neck, with rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Abalone and pearl inlay on the headstock, with a pearl inlay at the twelfth fret. The electronics are the best that Seagull offers. Dual source, with three band EQ. And it all comes with the deluxe version of the Fort EPP case.

My first big purchase since (finally) getting a job, and it feels great to buy it on my own. I can't wait 'til it arrives.

So tell me what you think!

Graeme :bassist:

2. Beauty. I am waiting to sell one of my basses so i can get an Epiphone EJ-200.

3. guitar? blah who needs them... hah

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I've had a Seagull Folk for around five years now, and really like it. Lasido makes great acoustics, plus I like how they use sustainable hardwoods and naturally fallen Cedar in their manufacture.

As a matter of fact, my long term plan is to pick up one of their newer S-A12 thinbodies.

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Yeah I like all of the Seagulls I've played, they sound great. Actually, I bought the flame maple version without trying it. I played the mahogany Artist, and knew I was looking for a brighter, more crisp sound, so I ponied up the extra dough. The extra neck width is nice, especially for a bassist who's used to it.

My next guitars have already been planned (and they're all Seagulls): this one is my main guitar, I'll eventually get one of the M Series 12 strings, and something cheap for a beach/camping/beater guitar.

The wait is gonna kill me.

[​IMG]

Graeme

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Congratulations, you can't go wrong with a Seagull. I adore my S6C it plays and sounds wonderful. It was a NAMM guitar, and somebody beat the living crap out of it at NAMM so it's badly scarred, but that doesn't affect the tone or playability.
    [​IMG]

7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Good score. I have heard great things about that Godin
    line, great value for the money.

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks. I meant to thank you earlier for that link to the Acoustic Guitar Forum. It really helped me out a lot, thanks!

Graeme

9. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

No problem.

I haven't been back there in a while. I am afraid some SERIOUS g.a.s. may set in if I start hanging out there for
    too long.

But it seemed like a good forum from what I saw, glad
    I could help a bro out! :hyper:

10. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    That must be a cedar top. My Simon & Patrick top looks just like that (the back and sides look mint). It looked like that when I bought it (I don't use picks). I didn't care because it's such a great sounding guitar and I got a great deal because of the scratches.

11. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yup. Even the pickguard is cracked it was beat up so bad. I prefer the sound of spruce but for the price I got it for I ain't complaining. Lasido/Godin does a fantastic job with everything they build. I love the unique look of the CHerry back and sides - guitarrists look at the grain and say "what the heck is that?".