1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First pedal board build

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Precision345, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Precision345

Precision345

Feb 19, 2013
    Ok, so this is my first pedal board that I've built. As you can see it's pretty hobo styles and DIY. I made it out of a ****** old piece of wood I found out behind this dirty pub at work one day. I attached some cheap-y kitchen cabinet handles onto it for aesthetic looks and easy carrying. I also put some Velcro tape on there to hold the pedals where I want them. I ran out of the thinner tape and came back today and added in some thicker stuff. Going to add some more pedals in the future once I get them, probably a wah and maybe a space echo for fun.

Any thoughts on how I could improve it or where I went wrong would be helpful. Feel free to bash it too, as this is the internet and that what the internet is for

Attached Files:

2. ma4rk

ma4rk

Jun 28, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Give it a bit of a sanding & paint it black.
    What were you doing at a pub while at work hmmmmmm?

3. knew45

knew45

Mar 11, 2013
    Pretty cool. I've been considering doing something like myself seeing as how ridiculously expensive pedalboards are.

4. Precision345

Precision345

Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks for the posts guys. I was considering painting or maybe doing some varnish on it or something. I deliver liqour to bars so that's what I was doing at a pub during work hahah

@ knew45 I couldn't agree more! no point in buying an overpriced board when you can easily make a decent one yourself. Better to have something individual then some generic one

5. ma4rk

ma4rk

Jun 28, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    It will be the first of many pedal boards you'll make me thinks. You'll come up with better ideas & the board may grow, shrink & grow again.

After some feable attempts at making a case for my board, I ended up buying a pedalboard/case from a music shop for about $50 & have not looked back since (though I do look generic now haha)