1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fishman BII Issue

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by jonnyboy559, Feb 17, 2008.

1. jonnyboy559

jonnyboy559

Mar 4, 2007
    I was at a big band rehearsal last week, and I had my preamp hooked up and I moved my bass and my Fishman BII preamp fell off my amp(smooth move on my part, I know). The preamp hasn't worked since. I plug it in and it doesn't make a peep. The battery is fine, so I know that's not the problem. I was wondering if anybody had any idea what the problem would be?

2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Johnny,
    Well I don't want to be a "alarmist" but there are components inside that box that may have been dammaged. It has a circut board. You're probably gonna have to have some one look at it.

Ric

3. Yup - I think Ric is on to something there. I think the problem is that you dropped it and something is bust!

Seriously though, I did have an eq pedal that developed a fault due to the input jack being soldered directly to the circuit board, and the soldered joints became loose with constant plugging in and out (very crap design). It is most likely a problem with a loose connection due to the knock, since most of the components themselves would be pretty knock resistant. Take the back off and see if there is anything obviously loose, or a crack in the circuit board, or take it to a tame repairer/shop if you have one (where you bought it?).

4. dblbss

dblbss

Sep 20, 2007
    Canada
    My B2 got dropped and wouldnt work either. Turns out the battery connection wasnt snug enough anymore.