1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fishman bridge “foam”

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by cole-emma, May 15, 2019.

1. cole-emma

cole-emma Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement for that black piece of foam that comes with Fishman full circle bass pickup. The one that holds the cable as it passes through the bridge. Yes I can construct my own but looking for original. Thanks.

2. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Buy some foam. Make the little piece that holds the cable. In double bass world, “originality” for this kind of stuff is irrelevant.

Fretless55 and B String like this.
  3. If you rotate your adjuster wheel a 1/2 turn, the little white cable will be facing down (toward the tailpiece and output jack), instead of up, and you won't need the little piece of foam. Simple and free!

4. I would not like to have my adjuster position dictated by 1/2 a rotation.
    Anyway, I am following this thread, because I have used such a round foam piece to hold a small condenser mic in place (Crown, Countryman). But on my new bridge, the wing hole is too big for the foam piece.

5. The Gollihurs used to make a substitue out of foam.
    Maybe @Mark Gollihur will chime in?

Povl Carstensen likes this.
  6. Jim Dombrowski

Jim Dombrowski Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If you are looking for the original foam, you should be talking to the folks at Fishman. I can think of a dozen ways to replicate that little piece in a matter of minutes.

Mark Gollihur, Fretless55 and salcott like this.
  7. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    You can purchase a small bit of dense foam on eBay or at a craft store; or you could contact Fishman directly, and they should help you out. I don't really have any substitutes on hand, and I don't think that the little foam thingie has a part number.

Povl Carstensen likes this.