1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fishman Circle Install Question

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Scott Lynch, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    Just purchased a new Shen Rogeri, my first carved bass(!!!!). Very happy with the acoustic sound.

My (now old) Engle had a Fishman Full Circle on it, which I transferred over to the Shen. Thankfully both basses had 1/4" threads on the bridge adjusters.

On the non-threaded side, however - and this is where I'm concerned - the original adjusters on the Shen are bigger than on the FC, and I noticed a tad bit of wiggle when remounting the bridge on the Shen after installing the FC. Both sides of the FC fit perfectly snug on the bridge on my Engle.

The bridge also crept up towards the fingerboard as I was retightening the strings - I was able to correct this fairly easily by straightening the bridge. My main question - am I going to have issues with the wiggle room on the non threaded side of the bridge? Is it worth looking into, or even going so far as getting a new bridge cut?