Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

flatwounds cutting through???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Apr 30, 2004.

1. i have herd that flatwounds dont put out enough output compared to roundwounds, what flatwound strings put out alot of output???

2. Mongeaux

Mongeaux

Apr 14, 2004
    I second that. I have never had a problem cutting thru with Ti flats. The low string tension is also easy on the fingers. Just don't take em off and put em back on. That E string can get pretty flabby if you do that.

3. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

I spent the better part of an afternoon, trying flats, rounds and grounds on my Epi Jack bass. The winner................TI Jazz Flats! it seemed that my volume increased by 20-30%. Probably due to the fuller sound of the flats.

H2 :cool:

4. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Treena! where are you?

5. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    I have TI Flats on 2 of my Mike Lulls and just love these strings. They have good strong output, super feel and tone .... just all-around super strings :bassist:

6. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    A vote for TI's again... They cut and thump through any mix. Some of the best strings on the planet, IMO.

7. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    +1

Put TIs on about two weeks ago and I friggin' love them. I can hardly put my bass down. They sound and feel soooo good. Complete epiphany for me. I ain't ever going back to rounds. :bassist:

8. Lewk

Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    I just put TI's on my bass too. havn't tried them in a live situation yet but so far i'm very happy with them.

9. radi8

radi8

Feb 10, 2004
    Chicago
    add me to the list of TI fans

I bought the TI Jazz: flat ,round and powerbass strings.

10. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    That's funny, because I've always had the opposite experience, when ever I use RWs I always have to turn my amp up and have to use a lot of EQ [normally I set my amp near flat]. I find ITs to be nice but a little on the twangy side and under powered.

11. Right here! Sorry,I had a couple of gigs over the weekend!

If your bass is setup properly, you will have no problems getting even, high gain from TI Jazz Flats!

Don't let anyone fool you into thinking other wise!

If you have any doubts, listen to some of my recordings, I use TI's on 98% of my basses.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/treenamusic.htm

[​IMG]
    Treena

12. E-rock

E-rock

Mar 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I currently have the TI flats on my 6 string fretless, and they do sound excellent. My only complaint is that the B string isn't tapered, and I need a tapered B string for this particular bass. Another brand that I've recently been loving is LaBella (and they have a tapered B). Check their flats out as well (plus they're cheaper than the TIs). :p

13. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    While not wanting anyone to think I am discouraging TI flats. I use Fender 9050's and get through plenty good. I do gotta try some of those TI's

tk

14. I think Thomastik-Infeld owes Talkbass something. I've never heard of this brand before I joined this forum. I'm sure a lot of their business is attributed to the positive word-of-mouth generated on this forum.

15. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    I prefer to think of it as the power of talk bass that let's so many of us find out what the good stuff is. I figure I owe talk bass something.

tk

16. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    You know, they also make great upright strings. :rolleyes:

17. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Well I really like LaBella Tapewounds. They ring and sing on my LB100. It almost sounds like a fretless with these strings. The seem to have a strong, even output across the range. Great strings and really cheap from Carvin.

18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    LaBella Deep Talkin' Bass roundwounds sing on my Dean fretless.
    There's a volume nob on the amp you know. Use it.