1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flite 110- is it big enough?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by porteous, May 12, 2006.

1. porteous

porteous

Mar 24, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    I'm about to purchase a Flite cab for a "super portable" rig, in conjuntion with a Clarus amp. I have heard the 12" flite, and I love ther sound and light weight, but have not tried the 10. I really like the smaller size, but I'm wondering if it is enough to cut it with a drummer, piano, and 2 horns. (small jazz gig in a cafe is the typical venue). Unfortunaly, there are no Flite dealers out here, so I can't try one out before ordering.

Any Flite 110 owners out there that can share their expereince?

2. bassame

bassame

Mar 25, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    I have a Flite 110 that I use with just that kind of band, but also add an electric guitar. It works fine, but I suggest you point it up or put it on a chair so you can hear yourself. The audience will have no trouble hearing you. Of course it depends on how your drummer plays - is he a jazz drummer or a rock drummer playing jazz.

3. Ron B

Ron B

Mar 26, 2006
    Chicago,Illinois
    I have a Flite 110 and 112 with a Walter Woods 300 watt head.
    and Realist pickup.The 110 works fine with a Jazz combo.
    The 112 has just a little more low end bass sound.But both work
    fine with a Jazz combo that doesnt get too loud.

4. I use a Flite 110 with a Clarus 1 Series lll amp all the time with sax and/or trumpet, piano and drums, or in a Scofield-esque guitar-bass drums trio configuration, in small, to med-sized (75-200 seat capacity) venues. No Problem.

5. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    I had a Flite 10. My teach bought it from me and he digs it. He uses mainly whenever a room gives him a problem. I liked it alot, didn't really want to sell it but it seemed he was very into it and I was willing to try other choices. Not the most hifi but it get the job done. Besides, it's hard to beat 15 lbs. IFIW, I would pick up the 10" with a tweeter or a 12". I think that would sound better, but I've never tried that cab. I've heard the 12 and it's a little better than the 10 but it's also 7 lbs more.