Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flite Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basspete, Apr 22, 2004.

1. basspete

basspete

Sep 7, 2002
    Does anybody know anything about Flite Cabinets
    How do they sound, reliability, etc.

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Bass Player did a shoot out on 1-12 cabinets a while back and had nice comments on them. There are reviews at both

www.harmony-central.com

www.bgra.net

They have interesting products that are lightweight and affordable.

3. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I've been using a pair of their 110 cabs for a few years now. I have a 110 and a 110H, which is a single 10 with an adjustable 5" midrange/tweeter. I got mine done as Kurt Meyer was preparing to hand over the operation. The guys who are running it now are great to deal with and seem to be improving on both the consistency of the product and the quality of the customer service.

Mine have been very reliable. Both are 8 Ohm cabs so they make a nice 4 Ohm 2x10 stack. The sound is a lot like what I have experienced with Bag End. Pretty neutral, maybe a bit boxy but not scooped or thin sounding. I had a bag End 1x12 cab and I sold it because it sounded exactly like my 110 w/o the tweeter, and it weighed twice as much.

I haven't used the bigger Flite cabs, like the 115, but I had a 123W originally that was AMAZING in pumping out great lows and not losing details in the mids. Very nice setup. I traded that in on my 110's because i needed something super portable for some of the acoustic and quiet electric gigs. I have pushed these cabs and they haven't complained a bit. Mine have Eminence Deltas in them and they will handle some power.

Here is a pic of the 110 with my Clarus head:

[​IMG]

That is a super tiny and light setup that will still make good volume and has a pretty decent Ampeg Fliptop sound when I use a SansAmp BDDI with it.

Good Luck,
    Pete