Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FNA jazzman replacement

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Joseph Sheldon, Feb 9, 2005.

1. I don't know if anyone here has been down this road with one of these warwicks but I am at my wits end. I have had this bass for 2 years and had problems the whole time. I have an Ampeg B4R and a 6/10 Ampeg cab and they work perfectly I know this because I have a stingray 5 and it is crystal clear and loud without distortion or farting out. But with my jazzman it craps out and sounds like speakers are going. I just had the preamp replaced a month ago because it broke. I had extensive custom work done to the neck and love the bass but I can't take the electronics anymore!! :mad: is there a way to use the current pickups because they are passive and wire them direct or should I put replacement everything in pickups to pre amp. I don't mind spending the money I just want it to sound as well as it plays. I thought bart would make a good replacemet or basslines. Does anyone know where to get all the replacement parts I need to order to do a complete redo? :help:

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Does that have 18v electronics? I had a Streamer Stage I and the output was pretty hot. Does it still fart out when you lower the volume on the bass? Also, is there a push/pull for active/passive?

I couldn't tell if you tried adjusting the pickup height. That could help a little.

3. Weasel

Weasel

Feb 18, 2003
    Tampere, Finland
    Up we go,

I have same kind of a problem with my FNA Jazzman and EBS Fafner plus EBS 410. When combined it sounds like the speaker couldn´t handle the sound which is BS since the EBS 410 has power rating of 800W RMS. I don´t have this problem with other basses, including my Warwick Corvette FNA (I changed Seymour Duncans MM pick-up to it couple of years ago), or with other amps/cabinets when playing with Jazzman.

I think I´ll have to change different PUs to Jazzman too. Only thing that makes me wonder is that if I change only the MM PU and leave the MEC jazz PU will it keep up with the new MM PU? Any experience anyone?