FNA jazzman replacement

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Joseph Sheldon, Feb 9, 2005.

1. I don't know if anyone here has been down this road with one of these warwicks but I am at my wits end. I have had this bass for 2 years and had problems the whole time. I have an Ampeg B4R and a 6/10 Ampeg cab and they work perfectly I know this because I have a stingray 5 and it is crystal clear and loud without distortion or farting out. But with my jazzman it craps out and sounds like speakers are going. I just had the preamp replaced a month ago because it broke. I had extensive custom work done to the neck and love the bass but I can't take the electronics anymore!! :mad: is there a way to use the current pickups because they are passive and wire them direct or should I put replacement everything in pickups to pre amp. I don't mind spending the money I just want it to sound as well as it plays. I thought bart would make a good replacemet or basslines. Does anyone know where to get all the replacement parts I need to order to do a complete redo? :help:
  2. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Does that have 18v electronics? I had a Streamer Stage I and the output was pretty hot. Does it still fart out when you lower the volume on the bass? Also, is there a push/pull for active/passive?

I couldn't tell if you tried adjusting the pickup height. That could help a little.
  3. Weasel

Feb 18, 2003
    Tampere, Finland
    Up we go,

I have same kind of a problem with my FNA Jazzman and EBS Fafner plus EBS 410. When combined it sounds like the speaker couldn´t handle the sound which is BS since the EBS 410 has power rating of 800W RMS. I don´t have this problem with other basses, including my Warwick Corvette FNA (I changed Seymour Duncans MM pick-up to it couple of years ago), or with other amps/cabinets when playing with Jazzman.

I think I´ll have to change different PUs to Jazzman too. Only thing that makes me wonder is that if I change only the MM PU and leave the MEC jazz PU will it keep up with the new MM PU? Any experience anyone?