1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fodera Imperial Elite 5 (Matt Garrison)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Whisper, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    I have a Fodera Imperial Elite 5 (Matt Garrison shape). It is strung B-G and has a 33" scale length and 19 mm spacing at the bridge. I got the bass in the fall of 2016 and took it to the Fodera shop, where they checked it out and cut a new nut for it. Other than the new nut, the bass is all original.

I really love this bass - the combination of the walnut top and the gold hardware is stunning. It also has the 5-piece neck option, which is expensive and not seen too often. It's also quite lightweight for a Fodera at 9 lbs, 5 oz. It's not a museum piece - there are a number of small dings on the back and bottom of the bass, as one might expect from a 17-year old bass that has been played and enjoyed a lot. It comes with a Fodera hard case. As far as functionality and playability go, it's top-notch. It currently has light-gauge Fodera nickel strings on it (.40-.120).

Sale Price: $7200 Shipped CONUS (PayPal OK).

Trades: Other Fodera 33"/34" scale, MTD 534-24 or 634-24, Sadowsky NYC 5-string (all +/- cash as appropriate)

Please send any questions via PM to avoid cluttering the thread.

-----

Body Woods:

• Imperial
    • Mahogany Body
    • Quilted Maple Tone Block
    • Curly Walnut Top

Neck Woods

• 5-pc Maple w/ Bubinga Stringers
    • Ebony Fingerboard
    • No Dot Inlays

Construction Specs

• 33″ Scale Length
    • 5 String Configuration (19 mm Spacing)
    • 24 Frets

Electronics Options

• Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
    • Bartolini Soapbar Pickups
    • Imperial Control Layout

FullSizeRender 12. FullSizeRender 11. IMG_5941.JPG IMG_5942.JPG IMG_5943.JPG IMG_5944.JPG IMG_5945.JPG IMG_5948.JPG IMG_5950.JPG IMG_5952.JPG IMG_5963.JPG FullSizeRender 10. IMG_7542. IMG_7543.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    dooft11 likes this.
  2. Joseph Mai

Joseph Mai Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Trade? IMG_3075.JPG

Wstrindade and DR Burkowitz like this.
  3. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Great seller and bass!

alzabass and Whisper like this.
  4. I tried stringing up this bass with a high C string for a recording session and got a beautiful, warm sound. You can hear the bass in action here:

5. Here is the original Fodera production sheet for this bass (click to enlarge):

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 7.33.12 PM.

6. Clips of the bass strung B-G:

Mod edit: as cool as this clip was, we have to take it down for being political- sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2017
    alzabass, Chris Fitzgerald and bofat like this.
  7. bassicg

bassicg Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Beautiful playing Mr. Does the mojo come with or is it extra?

8. Mojo included - bass plays itself! :cool:

bassicg likes this.
  9. Hi fellow TB'ers,

Two members of this forum have alerted me to the fact that someone has lifted the photos and text from this ad to run a Craigslist scam. They have been posting an ad listing this bass for $1000 on Craigslist in several major US cities. I have tried to flag them all, but some may be still out there. Please be assured that if you contact me through TalkBass, you are in fact getting the actual owner of the bass.

I hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

10. carsonchilders and Whisper like this.
  11. klorence

klorence

Nov 21, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A buddy found the ad & sent to me. I pinged the seller via text, thinking "Wow, that has to be a typo!" ($1000? lol) Scammer texted me back. His number is there for you to block.

upload_2017-11-15_14-53-50.

12. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player G-B-W : https://www.reverbnation.com/gbw1 Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    There is also an ad for this in the Milwaukee CL section. I posted a thread about it in the TB Basses section. I'll flag the Milwaukee ad.

13. twinjet

twinjet GE90-equipped Moderator Staff Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I had started up a Craigslist scammer info registry but found out the whole thread basically violates ToS by spreading their phone numbers & emails. They have rights, too... :mad:

14. Here's a clip of the low B on this 33" scale bass - I'm not sure how Fodera does it, but it's pretty incredible :bassist: