Fortin Amps Zuul (Noise Gate)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassist96, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    Hey Everyone!

Just seeing if anyone has experience with this pedal? I run a cranked Darkglass Alpha-Omega and it can get noisey at times. Seeing whats out there to help tame the rig. Also were in your signal chain do you put a noise gate?

Cheers.

2. primussucks9126

primussucks9126 Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Bronx, NY
    I don't have experience with the Zuul, but it seems really pricey for a single knob noise gate.

I've used the EHX Silencer and the TC sentry, and like them both quite a bit. The Silencer had some QC issues, which is why I moved to the Sentry, but it worked well.

I run my bass directly into the noisegate, and put my effects (except delays) in the loop on the gate.

Bassist96 likes this.
  3. minddrain

minddrain

Dec 17, 2018
    Best gate ever

Airis Effects Hades Gate

It is designed to use in the effects loop

I have my distortion in the effects loop, so I have it before the distortion. If you have yours outside, then it would work best as the first pedal inside the loop

Bassist96 likes this.
  4. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    I know a few guys who swear by the sentry and the airis sounds cool too. Are the pretty transparent?

5. minddrain

minddrain

Dec 17, 2018
    The Hades is. It’s super sensitive too. So you don’t have to turn the dial much to eliminate noise.

Bassist96 likes this.
  6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

good technique = before the noise
    'meh' technique = after the noise
    bad technique = more practice (no gate needed!)

7. If you don't want to keep switching your distortion pedal on and off all the time, like between songs, a noise gate is great. I use an ISP Decimator straight after my distortion pedal. I got a EBS Billy Sheehan Distortion pedal, and it's pretty noisey when cranked.

Bassist96 likes this.
  8. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    Exactly why is want it. Also when going into certain sections of songs when I don't play so it can stop unwanted noise through the mix.

Correlli likes this.
  9. DingwallDingus

DingwallDingus

Sep 26, 2018
    Hey man, I know this is an old thread but did you ever get a your hands on a zuul? I just ordered one today but I think I'm going to need a splitter as well if I want to run my chain in the same way I'm running it now.

Right now I'm running Darkglass Hyper Luminal - Darkglass B7k

I could use the clean out of the B7k but then I would have to run it first in the chain always to get the most out of the key input so I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get a dedicated splitter. It would be last in the chain or in the fx loop if I used my amp.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021