Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fourstringbliss

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by mindflow, Jul 15, 2005.

1. mindflow

mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    I traded an MIA jazz for a MIJ reissue with Matt who goes by the monicker "fourstringbliss"
    we talked back and forth through email and completed the trade with no problems. he is a stand up guy and goes by his word for sure. he also replaced the pots on the bass and did excellent work. dont think twice about trading or buying from him.

2. I hate to have to do this, but the following is negative feedback.

We had a deal for my Peavey Millennium 5 Plus for his Fender Jazz with a J-Retro and after sending me confirmation that he would in fact do the trade and that I should go ahead and ship, a day after I had, I receive an e-mail stating that he was no longer interested because he had the intention of selling the instrument for much more than I initially was!

Well, to say I'm ticked is a bit of an understatement considering the bass was shipped from NY to WA, which takes roughly a week via ground which means quite a few things;

1. The wait to receive the bass to re-list and resell it will be quite long.

2. Any other pending offers I had for other instruments are null, seeing as I will not have made a sale on time to complete the purchase and

3. I had a number of other offers lined up for the bass but had turned them down to go ahead with the trade.

Not only do I have to contact all of the other parties that were interested, but now not only do I have to wait to receive my instrument back again, potential buyers have to wait twice as long as well.

:scowl:

If you're going to do business with the guy, be sure you ask him what his motives are before you enter any arrangements or you could waste your time.

3. Hey guys, it's me - fourstringbliss.

Before I start here I want to mention that I've had five successful and satisfying trades here on Talkbass and this is the only one that went south. I also want to mention that I am completely in the wrong in this situation.

As far as this situation goes, I am completely in the wrong. I wanted to trade my Jazz Bass for an equivalent 4-string. There were a lot of people who viewed the post but I got very few responses. Marcusallen was the first and very helpful in his responses. He had the Peavey Millenium 5 Plus that he wanted to trade. At first I said I wanted to stick to 4-string bases. I also did some reading up on the Peavey and it sounded like it was a desireable bass. There was one guy who wanted to trade a nice Lakland 44-01 with me and so I told Marcus no.

That guy decided to back out and I contacted Marcus to see if he still wanted to trade. I figured since it was a nice 5-string and it seemed to be desireable that it wouldn't be any problem selling it or trading it for something I did want. I then thought I would get a jump on things and post it for sale or trade while it was on the way to see if I could get any interest, stipulating that I hadn't seen it and might decide to keep it, but wanting to see if there was any interest. I found out very quickly that Marcus had been trying to get $450 for it, which was quite a bit less than I wanted to get, and quite a bit less than my Jazz Bass is worth to me. This was an MIA Jazz with a J-Retro worth a lot more than $450. I had no idea that Peavey Millenium Plus 5's had such low resale value. At that point I decided to keep my Jazz and send Marcus his bass back.

Marcus has been great to work with, and I understand that my decision is in bad form. I found myself letting go a perfectly good four string for a five string I didn't really want and didn't have much hope to be able to trade for what I did want. I have been in the wrong in this whole situation. I did offer to hold the bass while he sold it and collected the money, and then I would ship it out for him. Understandably he didn't trust that. I have paid Marcus back for his shipping, but I can't do much more than that. I feel horrible for the inconvenience I've caused him.

I figured that he would be mad and say something about it here in feedback. I can't blame him - I would do the same thing. I also can't blame any of you who are traders for being suspicious of me if I ever offer to trade with you or put another bass up for trade. I did wrong here. I only wish I had feedback from the other five trades I have done where I did everything right.

Thanks for reading, and again I am sorry to Marcus and to all of you here in this great bass community.

Sincerely,

Matt

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

Matt is a great guy to deal with .

i believed his explanation of the problem with Marcusalan ,
    and Matt proved to me that he is a man of his word .

excellent communications before and after the trade ,
    the bass shipped on time and arrived in perfect condition
    { he even sent new batteries ...}

i would deal with him again , no worries at all ... :D

5. Thanks so much Dave!

6. I've had a lot of successful transactions with people here on TalkBass, but I've gotten just a little feedback. I've traded basses six times and purchased numerous things. There's only been one transaction that went south, and that's detailed above.

I used to go by teechomatt, and here's a bit of feedback from that: teechomatt feedback

7. I recently bought a presonus TubePre from Matt. It was in exactly the condition he described it in (which happened to be brand new) and he gave me a good deal on it. He was super responsive whenever I emailed him, and just plain pleasant to communicate with--a real standup guy. I'd would be happy to buy gear from him again in the future.

8. BillySid

BillySid Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Weatherford, TX
    Bought a Behringer 300 head from Matt. Great communication throughout and the amp arrived in excellent shape as he stated.

Thanks Matt