Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fozzy!?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Techmonkey, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Just been to a gig now, they're first gig in Wales, and they happened to be playing in Swansea. Man, that band was awesome! Sean Delson is an amazing player.. Some of his fills, and solo-lets, whew! Has anyone else ever heard of Fozzy? If so, share your opinion on him!

2. Isn't that the band with the wrestler Chris Jericho singing? I never heard any of their music, but I remember watching wrestling when I was younger and hearing about the band.

3. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Yup, it is indeed. We were in the front row, came within touching distance of him, but the crowd was so desperate people were literally ripping away the people at the front, so we were holding on to the railings as hard as we could, just stopping to do the occasional devil horns or knock some charging maniac back.
    He looks kind of like Bon Jovi... :bassist:

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Mike Martin (Chris' present gtr'ist) is an Atlantan that plays in the New Yankee Allstars and the Duke when he's in town, off from touring with FoZzy... Really talented cat.

... actually kind of a weird coincidence, the last time (last August) I played at the place that I'm playing at this evening (Vinyl)... that same Fozzy Guitarst (Mike Martin) was co-billing with a group that I was playing with that night. I think that it was with the bassist and "the duke" from Fozzy.

small world.

5. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Yup! He was mad too, not only did he have the lushest tone (Musicman guitar I think) but whew, could he play! He did a 3 minute guitar solo, with everything from tapping to sweeped arpeggios in it. Whew!

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I've actually gotten up at a blues jam with Mike IIRC... he plays in various blues and shred bands in and around ATL, Stuck Mojo is another one that comes to mind.

He also does jem-Fest every year. Killer player!

I just notice something... if you are talking about this bassist:

[​IMG]

I think that he was playing with "the Duke" as well on that last gig with Mike. One of the 6'er's that he had was a Converted Yamaha TRB Headless bass... He supposedly did it himself. It came out great and is really killer sounding. Was he playing a 4 or a 6 headless in Wales?

7. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Whoops! Picture didn't work, but if you mean this fellow:
    [​IMG]
    Then yeah! But he didn't have any headlesses - Just a 4 string Fender Jazz, white with a perloid scratchplate IIRC... Very nice sound from it. He had an 8x10 too. Only criticism is I thought the sound was a tad muddy, but I think that was more the in house PA than anything else, was the same with one of the other bands playing a similar Jazz (but with a tortoise scratchplate) through a Trace 350 watter through the same cab. Amazing stuff about that blues jam though!