Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Frequency Question?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by T-BIRD bassist, Dec 9, 2004.

1. T-BIRD bassist

T-BIRD bassist

Jun 24, 2004
    my and some of my friends were recording somting and when i listen to it the bass sounded week and hard to hear and its weird cause when we were playing it it was very easy to hear is this normal ? The guitarist is useing a 300 watt amp and i have a 120 but do u have any advice on this

2. what are you listening to the tracks through? where are your mic's placed? what is your recording medium? Some sample questions for you, all these things seem to factor in on "basic" recording imho, but even using an eight dollar radio shack tape deck to record with onboard mic, you can still record some music that isn't revolting to listen to and has semi balanced drums, bass, guitar, and vocals, but you have to experiment with placement of the recorder or mic in my experiences. I've used the crappiest stuff, and now using a powerbook with digi002 and some neumans as well as direct outs of bass pre,decent drum mics, i'm using some "high-end" home gear, the basic ideas still apply, equal volume across the spectrum, and mic placement. BTW, i am in no way a professional, i'm sure there are some cats on here who know their ****, but i'm just letting you know what i've learned. :)

3. T-BIRD bassist

T-BIRD bassist

Jun 24, 2004
    now that i think about it mic place ment might have a lot to do with it i guess i just didnt thin bout that