Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fret buzzing, low action, no knowledge-help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Sojhen, Mar 12, 2005.

1. I've had my Hamer 5-string for about 3 years now... The action has always been from what I've seen by looking at the basses in store etc, very low... Now when I play higher up the fret board I sometimes get buzzing from the strings touching the frets... Now like I said I've gotten used to such low action due to the fact that I've never played on another bass (more or less) But I would like to minimize or completely rid myself of that annoying buzzing.... I've never tinkered with my bass and to be honest I'm afraid to... But I know that something must be done... Even if it's only a little so OH knowledgable guru's will you help me with your sage-like advise.. it would be much appreciated.. thank you :help: :bassist:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Raise bridge saddles.

3. Juddium

Juddium

May 24, 2004
    is the buzzing coming only from the upper part of the fretboard? 12th fret and beyond?

4. Yeah, virtually 12th and above, it can be so annoying due to the fact that when I go off and do a little soloish thing I like to play up higher and how clean does that sound with "note-buzzzzzz-note--buzzz-no-buzz" It isn't horrible I can live with it but why not fix it if I can..?