Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless Dilemma

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Moxa13, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Moxa13

Moxa13

Apr 14, 2003
    I have been looking for a unlined fretless bass for months now. I have run into problems though. I cannot find ANY unlined fretless basses where I live, and I really would prefer unlined. The only ones I have seen that I can afford are Stagg, Rogue, and Carlo Robelli.

Hardly brands that I trust.

All other unlined fretless are much higher in price. I have an Ibanez 406 six string bass I am willing to trade or sell. I would appreciate the collective wisdom of Talkbass. Thanks :)

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    A used Warwick Corvette unlined fretless can be had for under $500. Chack www.bassgear.com and the Harmony Central classifieds-that's where I found the one I used to have.

3. 12notes

12notes

Jul 15, 2003
    You can try Rondo.
    http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/category.html?UCIDs=1145365

I have the Essex fretless P. Love it.

Search on the Essex megathread for more info on this site.

4. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Why not see if you could get a fretless neck custom made for your bass? That might work ok.

5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Why worry about lines? Its kind of like picking one bass over another because of color. I would prefer lines to assist in better intonation. Sometimes I wish my upright had lines... :rolleyes: :D

6. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    I've got an older model Fernandes APB-100 unlined fretless five that I've been looking to sell. It's a beautiful bass with a lot of great features. Drop me a line if you're interested. I'd like $400 for it, but I'm willing to entertain any offer.

J.

7. Moxa13

Moxa13

Apr 14, 2003
    I just sent you a pm. Let me know if you are curious.:D

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Look for a Cort Artisan B4- or B5-FL

9. Moxa13

Moxa13

Apr 14, 2003
    I PMed you back :)

10. Moxa, go here: www.music123.com

Type in "fretless bass" in the search box.
    They have a few Ibanez EDA900 fretless basses left, and they're UNLINED ! :D

I have the 5 string model, and it sounds great. I highly recommend this bass.

Unlined boards are :)

Good luck.

Mike

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA