SOLD Fretless Fender Jazz Bass Special

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by frootbooty, Jan 9, 2017.

1. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Bass purge continues to make room for probably more basses one day. Ugh.
    Here's a MIJ Fender Jazz Special in pretty fine condition for its age. It's all original as far as I can tell and even has all the caps on the knobs. Anyway, I play a fretless about once every 7 years so I'm good for another 5.
    Weighs a mere 8.8 lbs on my scale. This one also has the high mass bridge that some came with.
    I tried to photo the main ding on the body and some dents on the back of the headstock.
    I'll ship it in a polyfoam case.
    No trades unless you'd give me a Modulus FU straight across for it.

Attached Files:

Khronic, Cheez, Jonithen and 2 others like this.
  2. You have a fine taste in basses! My two basses are a fretless four exactly like this one (even same color) and a modulus FU 5'er.

Whoever gets this - won't regret. Classic fretless sound, put some black nylon strings on it and you got yourself THE ULTIMATE stealth bass. Good luck with the sale :)

Obese Chess likes this.
  3. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Thanks. Full disclosure, I have a few other basses - last count 39 - but I seem to be playing my FUs the most right now.

4. Yetti Bass

Yetti Bass

Jan 14, 2017
    39 basses. ?!! wow. Bump for this bass, I just got one very similar to this, and it's just great.

5. eddiebo

eddiebo Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    Year is 87 or 88 on this bass by the SN, these are some of the finest MIJ Fender basses, I have an 87 in white.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022