Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by prof_nutbutter, Nov 6, 2004.

1. prof_nutbutter

prof_nutbutter

Jan 6, 2004
    Germany
  2. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    I know nothing aboot that bass in particular. It LOOKS nice, but looks can be deceiving...

That aside, however... If you're just starting oot on fretless, you may want to START with a line'd one. It makes the transition considerably simpler, even through you SHOULD focus on learning to play withoot looking, by ear alone. S'not impossible though, to learn on an unline'd. And if you feel you're up to the challange...

And it can be "hard" to learning fretless, but so was learning to play bass in general. And if you can do one, (and have an acceptable ear,) you can do the other.

3. Why does it have frets if its fretless?
    Thanks
    Troy

4. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-

^

Edit: Hm, the pics do have frets though...

5. Yep lol!
    Thanks
    Troy

6. Watching MTV 2 tonight. Showing the making of Halo 2. In the studio for soundtrack, this guy's playing this exact bass. Would love to defret this puppy. WOuld like to paint/finish in puke-advocado-1970s-appliance green. I think it would look cool. Lots of potential for a project bass. And if its good enought for TB people and video games, its good enough for me. 139 clams + $50 defret job + Thomastic flats